Savage Day Loop

Savage Day Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Palmer, TN that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Well maintained trails and easy hike. The Falls were all dry this time. Very peaceful and beautiful.

Dry waterfall - Savage Fall

Plan to hike this trail again tomorrow. Great day hike. I would rate as moderate due to terrain. It's easy as long as you take note of the ground below your feet.

Great trail. I would rate it more medium than easy. Lots of hiking up and down hills, and stepping over tree roots and rocks. Mostly wooded. Only a couple glimpses of an overlook.

Great easy mostly level hike, pretty surroundings, great view at bluff, waterfall you can splash at. Loved all the suspended bridges, great for dog. Enjoyed it very much. I had only wished it was a longer with other views without taking on North Rim.

Great, short hike. We did the loop counter clockwise as some others have suggested on here. The overlook to the falls isn't easily seen so I would skip that in the summertime. I'm sure fall would be a better time. The falls were very pretty. We did see a water snake though so be careful.

Great trail, pretty easy. Went early on a Saturday & there weren't many people there. I went counterclockwise so the waterfall was closer to the end of the hike.

what a nice trail! even with all the downed trees from an apparent storm, it was well maintained and well marked. they was a pretty nice staircase down to the bottom of the falls, i only wish i had brought my swimsuit! it took us about 3.5 hrs, but we did spend alot of time below the falls.

Beautiful scenery. A little tougher than I imagined, but I'm out of shape. =P Great view of a waterfall and gorge. Trail is very well-marked. Never saw access to the creek from this trail (besides a 30 ft jump); however, I'm new to this area.

Great smooth trail. Creek is accessible. Beautiful nature.

Easy, family friendly hike. There's a nice waterfall as well as an overlook. We stopped there to have a lunch snack. Perfect for a day hike with the kids!

My wife and I hiked this trail yesterday. It was a fun hike and took us about two and a half hours. All of the blowdowns made the first part of the trail tedious for me, but it is a fact of nature. We also hiked the trail counter clockwise, ending with the waterfall. There were a lot of people out and we wanted to escape the crowd. The falls were running pretty well and the hiking was fairly easy. I would recommend this hike to anyone who is wanting to get away for a little while.