Pinson Mounds Nature Trail

Pinson Mounds Nature Trail is a 2.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Pinson, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Paved walk was about half the distance of the total area there. Little wild life or nature to been seen. Little elevations to it. Very easy, more of a nature walk than a hike. Grounds kept very nice and trail very well marked.

Easy hike with most of trail paved.

Nice, well-maintained walk/hike. Nice optional climb up on the highest mound in the park. The beginning and end of this trail is paved. I say it is about 40% of the walk. The rest is on a wooded trail that is very moderate in terms of incline. Wooden stairs and bridges have been built to make some inclines and streams easier. We enjoyed the boardwalk, which is an alternate route/side excursion that starts where the paved trail splits to the wooded portion of the nature trail. We went out on the boardwalk, but had to turn around towards the end as it was blocked for board replacement. Overall a very diverse and well-maintained trail. The drive from Hwy 45 out to the park is rather scenic. It has some of the most wide-open vistas I have seen in west Tennessee. We will definitely be back.

It was very nice hike !

Nice, easy hike that I have tackled several times. No real challenge, and very relaxing. Lots of Native American history associated with this trail.

We went in mid Summer when the bugs & heat were bad. O.K. hike

Hiked this trail a few times with my family. It's a nice trail and very easy for anyone with any hiking experience. It isn't open year round as this says, though, the sign at the trailhead clearly states that it's closed in the winter.

Nice trail for a family trip, elevation gains are minimal & there is a short boardwalk with a view of the Forked Deer River that my sons enjoy. I walked this trail frequently when rehabilitating a torn back muscle.