Mount Leconte via Trillium Gap Loop Trail

Mount Leconte via Trillium Gap Loop Trail is a 15.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gatlinburg, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Share the trail with Llamas and walk behind a refreshing waterfall Your hike will begin along a easy wide and popular path to Grotto Falls. When you reach the falls you will follow the trail behind the falls. From this point you will start a steady climb to Trillium Gap maybe sharing the trail with the Llamas carrying supplies to Mt LeConte.At 2.8 mi you reach the junction of Brushy Mtn Trail which is a good resting point before the final 3.6 mi.There are several creek crossings which are tricky along with the rocks and roots.You trail will reach the backside of the cabins of Mt LeConte, turn left at the sign that reads "AT Shelter".The grassy path will go beside some more cabins before reaching the junction of the Boulevard and Rainbow Falls Trails.The piped spring you pass is for overnighters that can treat the water, if you need a re-fill the is a pump well near the lodge.For a lunch break you can sit on the porch of the lodge or take a side trail to the Cliff Tops and enjoy views from 6550'!Return using Trillium Gap Trail.

I didn't do this particular trail, however I did go up rainbow falls then up to Mount Le Conte from there. You've got go. It was awesome. I went on a cloudy rainy day and it was still great. Started at 1:40 and got to the top at 5:40. By 6:50 on the way back down it was already dark between the evening light and the fog. So definitely get an earlier start. But, definitely a hard trail, but I highly recommend it. Also, beware, the maps don't follow every turn. You just have to keep going because the map won't help much. Also, I came back down bullhead trail. (Side note: keep your feet dry, bring a sweatshirt in your backpack, and flashlight.)

Great hike! We took the Trillium Gap trail up and the Alum Cave trail down. It was a long day but so worth it!

Amazing. Hard. Beautiful.

Great hike. This my son and I's first time hiking the Smokys. Saw the Llama train on the way up. My best friend was along with us. Physically demanding. Beautiful. Water at the top at the Lodge. We stayed in the shelter.

A great hike. Long so plan accordingly. Happy hiking!

As a novice it was extremely difficult. But then, we hiked in the remnants of hurricane Joaquin. It took us almost 12 hours because we left late and hiked in the dark with only one headlamp. Still, I loved it so much I am going back.

I did this for first time 10.11.15. I started in the afternoon and missed much of the busy morning crowd. It was definitely packed out, but I had a good time on my own and made great time. ~3,000’ elevation change, took me 4 hours to hike solo! Great views at the top and all the way up. I loved Alum Cave on the way up, great break spot and beautiful photos.

The trail was very hard to do it but We love it because it was so challenge My first time to hike 6 miles to Mt Lecount and come back the same day weather excellent better impossible but We finished in 6 and half hours for us a record the sensation amazing I recommend this trail maybe is not the better but push yourself..

Completed this trail in May, it was a bit to humid at lower elevation and the annoying flying critters were coming to life. Not a lot of views after the falls but the trail was in good shape. Being from the country and comfortable in nature myself, made it funny listening to all the comments when the llama poo was heavy... they had made a resupply run the day before.

Absolutely loved this trail. I plan on doing the other trails was well.

Incredible view all the way up. Loved grotto falls as well as the lodge on LeConte. My favorite part was Myrtle Point

I've done this trail two times and it's incredible. It's quite a hike but it's not too taxing. The views along the trail are amazing and the fact that the drop offs this trail has aren't railed make the experience even better. Near the summit, there's a LeConte Lodge that serves food/drinks from around 11:00 to 15:00 to those passing by. The prices are slightly inflated but what's to expect? They do take debit, however the charge will pens for at most a month due to the cheques having to go down the mountain via alpaca. The summit offers superb views and overlooks Gatlinburg (it can be seen in the distance.) and is worth the hike.

Nice enough trail. For me, it doesn't compare to the Alum Cave Bluff Trail for hiking to Mt. LoConte. There is lots of Llama poop on the trail, because thats how they get meat and small supplies to Mt. LeConte. I'll say this though. All three trails I've been on to get to Mt. LeConte were worth hiking. Give it a try. It's easier than Alum Cave Bluff, but still a moderate hike. Enjoy!