Montgomery Bell Trail

Montgomery Bell Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burns, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Park Office/Visitor Center: 615-797-9052 1020 Jackson Hill Road Burns, TN 37029

Very well maintained trail and the majority of the trail is well marked with clear small metal hiking signs. Be prepared for a long and somewhat strenuous hike, hence the multiple shelters scattered throughout the trail to rest. I would recommend this full 10.5 hike if you have good gear, energy snacks, and plenty of water.

One of the few loops I've found so far that are double digits in length. It's still technical enough to be challenging yet doesn't require as much elevation change as some of the others. Enjoyable for a day with the pup when I don't want to run into many other people.

I took my dog here because it's one of the few that didn't specify that a dog should be on the leash. I think they are still supposed to be, but she listens so we were good.

It's a simple walk. Not anything strenuous or no spectacular views. The park is clearly marked and easy to navigate. Walking up on the spill way was awesome. The pup really liked rock hopping.

It's a good walk. I think the whole loop would be worth while.

1/3 dirt road, 1/3 well maintained, 1/3 covered in leaves. Wouldn't complain if there weren't so many roots and rocks hidden under. Relatively nice scenery. Not too much challenge from an elevation standpoint. Went on a nice Friday with the dog and saw maybe two other people.

More challenging than expected for middle TN-and much enjoyed. Relatively few people on the trail, leaves are changing. Lots of leaves on the trail covering significant number of roots and rocks- fine to walk it but wouldn't recommend trying to jog this time of year. Overall very pleased.

This is my favorite day hike! I did the MB 10.5 mile trail in 5 hours which includes about a 20 minute stop for lunch at the Woodland shelter. The trail is a bit harder than moderate. Very rocky with lots of roots. Almost felt like hiking a mountain bike trail. Several crossings over shallow streams so take extra dry socks in case your boots/shoes are not water resistant.

My dog and I love this place. Lots of shorter trails if you are not up to the 10 miles. Beautiful scenery and lots of natural water sources. Hall springs is a favorite!

fairly difficult trail, but beautiful!

Great hike but the whole trail is not for the faint hearted. There are several shorter trails though.

Actually, I only did the south part of the loop and returned to the trailhead following Creech Hollow Trail. Moderate hike with constant but not hard inclines. It was beautiful and we encountered only a few people.

wonderful, just remember to watch out for snakes when walking through water.