Montgomery Bell State Park North Loop Trail

Montgomery Bell State Park North Loop Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Burns, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

off road driving

Park Office/Visitor Center: 615-797-9052 1020 Jackson Hill Road Burns, TN 37029

My dog and I really like this trail it's beautiful and we never see a soul (maybe because it winter). There is a meadow near the lake perfect for picnicking and a shelter part way through the walk. There are other trails and the map that you can pick up at the nature center is super helpful.

We had an absolute blast today- myself, my 17 and 14 yr old. We did the entire 10.5 with our small dog in one day and rocked it! We are not super fit but we are super stubborn and we refused to quit..... just enough hills to give us a good workout but not hard. Scenery was beautiful and the trail was well marked. I got confused for a sec and called the park office and they quickly got a park ranger to call me back and tell me what to do.... FYI, the super cool bridge that is falling apart, that's not part of the trail. We will definitely be back!

This is a beautiful hike, lots of small water crossings, easy terrain and very secluded. There is a couple of places along with way that are not clearly marked and we ended up adding an additional mile to our trip but I'm not complaining, it was still beautiful.

Lovely secluded hike. Only did a section of it but we will be going back.

We did the entire "White Trail" that includes the North and Southwest M Bell Trail. It came out to be around 9+ miles. Started at the North end just behind the old entrance building, ended at the Visitors centre just down the street. The entire trail was well enough marked that we had no trouble finding our way even with the ground completely covered in leaves. The North section had a few nice creek crossing but little other to add to the beautiful hardwood forest. We stopped at Cheech Hollow Lake for a snack and a sit. Deciding to complete the trail rather than cut to the car on the "Orange Trail" we doubled back. The Southern section had a lot more diversity along with a few bridge crossings.
All in all, I truly enjoyed completing the entire trail at once and feel doing it "backwards" worked best for us.