Little Bottoms Trail

Little Bottoms Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tallassee, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

fly fishing

A hiking trail approximately 9 difficult miles that lead into Abram's Falls Trail.

Part of loop I completed as part of my quest to complete all official Smokie trails

Great hike today. Temperature was 40 when we started out. Got up to 52 with cloud cover. The crossing streams were higher than normal but easy to cross. Went to Hatcher Mtn trail and back. Out and back to parking area was 7.36 miles. Views are incredible in winter time. The downed trees from the tornado a few years back is an incredible sight. Well worth the hike. Only tough part is a steep 300 ft ascent. Great views of Abrams creek the whole way. A nice hike for anyone.

Maybe this was one of the first hikes I took in my young adult life (and such was way out of shape and naive) or maybe it was really as hard as I remember. Regardless, when I think of this trail, I lose my breath. This is part of the 9.8 mile hike from the other side of Abram's Falls. You start out on Cooper's Trail which is super road-like and flat, so unless you've done you're homework (and I hadn't!), you're in for a big surprise when you turn onto Little Bottoms and begin the switchbacks. Once you get to the very top of the first mountain, the view is beautiful, though. And you can hear Abram's creek running down below. Very nice. Then there is another drop, and all you can think is "I have to climb back up this!"
Anyway, maybe now I'm more mature, in the hiking sense, and could handle it better, but I'm still suffering from vivid PTSD, so maybe I'll try next year instead! :)