Licklog Ridge Trail

Licklog Ridge Trail is a 10.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Copperhill, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

I hike this trail quite often and I consider it a good trail. Steady climb from trail head, nothing real steep or technical. Not many views except where trees are cut for power lines. I've seen bear on several occasions but they are easily spooked.

Hiked this trail to access Benton Mckaye trail atop Big Frog Mountain. Steady , gradual climb for about 6 miles to BMT intersection.I would say moderate in terms of difficulty. No water sources until BMT intersection where there is an intermittent spring,which had water on my trip. A few decent views along the way. IMO worth the effort.

Decent hike, especially late fall when foliage is off trees offering some nice views you won't see otherwise.

Great, easy to moderate backpacking with nice winter views and a decent lookout.