Laurel Falls Trail

Laurel Falls Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

Nice easy trail to a small waterfall. Along the way there are a few nice views of the nearby hills and rock formations Laurel Falls is one of the most popular destinations in the park and parking at the trailhead is limited. The area is especially busy on weekends year-round and on weekdays during summer. Laurel Branch and the 80-foot high Laurel Falls are named for mountain laurel, an evergreen shrub which blooms along the trail and near the falls in May. The trail is paved and is suitable for strollers.

Very easy trail! Perfect for families with small children. We took my nephew who was 1 1/2 at the time and he was able to walk a lot of the way. It is a pretty busy trail, so it's probably not one you want to do if you want solitude and quiet. Great views along the way and Laurel Falls is beautiful! Worth the hike!

Great trail, mostly paved.

Great Hike and Beautiful Waterfall

Beautiful hike through the woods to a picturesque waterfall.

Beautiful waterfall.

Great up hill walk. Still paved. Went at 4p on a Monday and still pretty busy. After the falls the trail going to the cove is very quiet. Breathtakingly beautiful in late October! 4 year old had wonderful time

This was our first trek out after arriving. Weather was hot but doable. A nice prewar N up to Rainbow Falls. Paved all the way, of course the kids took multiple shortcuts

SO. CROWDED.

We visited this trail on a Tuesday morning in May, and it was so full of people! The falls are breathtaking, and the mountain laurel was in full bloom - I think we caught this trail in it's full glory. I wasn't prepared for the steep climb, but it is an easy, paved trail with amazing views and a waterfall that's as fun to climb on as it is beautiful to see.

Fighting the crowd was monstrous. Jostling for room on the bridge, trying to get pictures, weaving and dodging people - I love this trail, but not the crowd. If I were to do it again, I would take my chances at sunrise on a weekday.

Great hike up, saw some deer. Definitely use a carrier for small children. Steep drop offs. Possibly off road stroller friendly. Not a lot of space at the falls, very slippery!

Super duper easy it was paved but wayyy too crowded for my liking. I did it without shoes and hung over a little with a bachelorette party the pavement bit but I liked it the mountains were beautiful

Another very popular GSMNP trail to a pretty waterfall. You might also have a hike from your parking spot on Little River Road just to get to the trailhead. The trail is not difficult as it climbs up to the falls. There are a few beautiful views of the surrounding terrain along the way. You can continue on the trail well past the falls. It eventually meets up with the Little Greenbrier and Cove Mountain Trails.

Nice walking trail. Great for beginner hiker.

me and my wife went up to the falls back in early September and even though it was enjoyable i had to stop and rest a few times but besides that it was really beautiful and amazing i would definitely do it again

Had a blast carried a almost 3 year old on back in and out great hike

Very easy, paved, average trail. Based on the number of people on the trail, I expected more. overall disappointed.