Lakes of Bowie Loop Trail

Lakes of Bowie Loop Trail is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Fairview, TN that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Easy and customizable (lots of trails that connect to others)! Medium traffic

Very nice. We met a ranger who was very friendly and informative

love the park.

Trail is in great shape (except for the occasional horse piles) and just beautiful. Lots of big fish (bass and panfish) in the lakes including what looked like a monster goldfish in Upper Lake. We'll be back again to see if we can tackle the perimeter trail.

Very nice trails. Loved seeing horses but watch your step.

Great place for a short hike in a beautiful wooded setting not far from Nashville Tn

Really enjoyed the biking on this trail, although it could have been marked a little better!

I agree with Jessie Jahne. This is a pleasant walk. And couldn't agree more that the towering pines were the best part. We considered taking a break to just lay down in them. A ton of options on how you complete your own track but cant go wrong. Plus, its less than an hour from Nashville.

I'm not sure that I would qualify this one as an actual "hike." It's more of a pleasant walk through the woods. It's beautiful and worth it, though, as you'll walk through several different types of forest scenery, as well as pass by a few small lakes. Lake Anna was the prettiest, in my opinion. The towering pines on the Loblolly Loop were my personal favorite... It felt like walking through a cathedral. There are lots of different short trails that allow you to create your own loop, depending on how much time you have. I really liked that they provide maps at the trailhead. This would be a great trail for kids, (there's also a fantastic playground in the park) and our small dog loved it as well. She tires easily so we don't take her on our more strenuous hikes, but she loved this! Lots of wildlife on this one too, particularly waterfowl. Pretty and relaxing!