Ijams Nature Center Trail

Ijams Nature Center Trail is a 1.4 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Knoxville, TN that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Ijams is a nature center in south Knoxville that has over 20 different trails and an old quarry with a lake in it.

Loved the hike along the TN river and the quarry this past Saturday. Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day to hike the trails. I'll be back!

a well kept, easy place to walk with the kids.

Lots of trail options. Pretty area. Nice trails and well marked. I will return here for leisurely hikes.

A trail for all! Some areas can be off road stroller friendly. I took the Marble Quarry Trail that loops on the outskirts of the nature area. Was lucky enough to see the backside of a deer as she ran away, lol. It was a very quiet hike since I went early in the morning. Had a snack with my 2 year old at a bench about at the half way point. Will come back again since it is very secluded and only 25 minutes from my house!

Great walking trails! Especially like South Loop!

Very well kept trails, like how it goes on the boardwalks at the river.

Very cool educational outdoor location, especially for children or those who wouldn't have the time or energy to do an all-day trail hike. I was simply looking for something a little less manicured, now I know. Would highly recommend taking your kids, but look elsewhere if you're looking for any sort of wildness.

Love this trail all year long!!

Too easy, the trail by meads quarry I'd beautiful though

A five out of five!

Great! Quite easy with 3 kids. Done it twice and we love it. A favorite - esp the boardwalk overlooking the river.