I. H. Park at Lakeland

I. H. Park at Lakeland is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Arlington, TN that features a lake. The trail is only recommended for very experienced adventurers and primarily used for hiking and mountain biking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.9 miles 144 feet Point to Point

I enjoyed this trail and would rate it rough for mountain biking due to the amount of roots and steep declines and up climbs. I'm an avid runner and hiker and would avoid it if it's rained recently. Lots of places to lose your footing. Deer are plentiful and if you're quite like I am you can walk right into them. But I thoroughly enjoyed the steep upgrade sprints. Very nice well maintained small park!

For Shelby Co it is a hard trail. I used this trail to train for a 2 week hike on the Appalachian Trail. The hills are short but get the heart rate up. Really a nice trail.

I hiked the yellow trail and would rate it moderate. The hills are short and not steep. Great hike close to Bartlett Lakeland and Arlington. Nice lake and picnic area. Pretty views.
No very busy when I have hiked there. Good short hiking area.

Nice trail. Not sure how it was designated as "hard" but ok.
Be aware that the map location for this app brings you past the park- to a church parking lot.

This is a decent quick hike with some of the best elevation in Shelby County. I do the yellow trail, as it's the longest. I can not comment on the others, but I did end up on the other 2 trails once which extended my hike and resulted in me exiting the trail South of the lake. I would recommend boots on the yellow trail. Nice scenic lake to walk around. Trails are well maintained. The few times I have been on it, traffic has been minimal.

This 65-acre Lakeland city park has three interconnected trails, the longest and hardest of which is the 1.6- mile Yellow trail. The terrain is pretty rugged in spots with lots of steep inclines as the trail makes its way along a couple of wooded hillsides. The Red and Blue trails are each about a half mile and much flatter by comparison. This is typical West Tennessee bottomland forest and the trails, especially the Red and Blue trails, can get pretty waterlogged during the wetter seasons of winter and early spring. Because the park sees a lot of public use, the trails and park as a whole are kept in pretty good shape by the city.

You better have a 29er! Although the track isn't wide: inclines and swoops will guarantee your bike a tuneup. It's fun and taxing. Go hard!