Hidden Springs Trail

Hidden Springs Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lebanon, TN that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

well marked and easy to follow. The trail is well used. It has very little elevation change and there is very few obstacles so it is perfect for trail runners. We walked the 5 mile loop but was a little disappointed with the view. Even my daughter asked why the trail was in the middle of nothing. Not one animal other than my dog (but we did sound like a herd of buffalo). Def not my favorite pick.

This is a nice trail, very easy to walk. Peaceful way to spend a few hours. I have walked this trail a few times and plan on walking it a lot more. Perfect length of 5 miles.

First, it should be noted that this is a 5 mile trail and not a 4.2 mile trail like the description says. Anyway, my husband and I really liked it. Saw deer, heard owls, and enjoyed a nice fall day walking. I wouldn't take my 4 year old with me, but certainly would my younger teens. Lovely trail.

Great long walk thru the woods. Peaceful, and some hidden treasures for those looking...

This was not one of our favorite hikes. The bugs make it quite unpleasant, even for avid hikers. It's mostly flat with very little scenery if you like to take photos on your hike.

Fantastic! !!

Nice trail. Is rocky in places. Not too many hills. It took me a little over an hour to hike. If you have children or are smelling lots of roses I could see this trail taking twice a long.

nice easy walk not too exciting though. was hoping for more interesting sites to see.

Super pretty out there, not as well kept as some trails I've been on.

Nice little walk through the cedars. Relatively flat and very easy hike. A lot of other people out on this beautiful January day.

Easy trail with very little hills. Enjoyed the wooded trail and they were marked well. Good for the beginner.

Easy, flat trail. Great quick trip hike when the urge hits and I don't have time to drive to the plateau.

My daughter and I hiked this on a pretty fall day. It's a pretty easy loop trail with some really neat sink holes to view. The downside to the trail is half of it is in the state forest and so people are able to hunt it. Someone had killed a deer and field dressed it just off the trail. It certainly made me a little nervous having my 11 year old along so I would suggest that you be careful between October and January.

My daughter and I hiked this trail last weekend, and we had a great time. Most of the way was pretty flat, more rocky towards the end. The scenery was so peaceful, we saw lots of animal tracks and wildflowers. We plan on going back in the fall, I can't wait to see the beautiful colors.

As others have stated, boggy conditions can be an issue in rainy season. I have to be honest, this trail isn't ideal for those used to a nice " cushioned/mulched" hardwood trek. If you bear right on the trailhead in early spring the area seems very dry, rocky, and bald in places yet stagnant in others, filled with cedars and moss. If you have young ones beware, as this trail has deep sinkholes in several places that are not fenced off.There are also areas where hiking & horse riding converse so beware of boggy areas and horse dung. Those who hate rocky and rooted areas will hate this narrow, somewhat unkempt trail. As the forest becomes hardwood it seems to cool and you come across a lovely house. This trail is worth it to get your steps in but I am sure more scenic options abound!

Very nice trail. It's a little shy of 5 miles. A mile too long for my taste but still very easy considering there aren't many inclines. This one has lots of cool springs to look down into. The only issue was how muddy the trail was when we went. Some parts of the trail are concave and easily hold stagnant water. I would recommend waiting at least two days after it's rained to go hiking here.

This trail is about 5 miles and it's not perfect. However, if you just want a flat trail to walk or hike, you could do worse. The trails are marked by white paint but the trail does tend to mud very easily, even when rain hasn't touched the area in a week or longer. The scenery is average but at least it's quiet, which is nice. So plan accordingly.