Herb Parsons Lake Trails

Herb Parsons Lake Trails is a 6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Collierville, TN that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from September until June. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Enter behind the archery range on the north side of the park. Easy-to-follow trail includes one short stretch down a blacktop road then reentry into the woods about 50 yards down.

Well maintained and marked trail except the yellow jacket nest/hole on the edge of trail around 4 miles in from the right side of the lake. Definitely a high tick area also. Not sure mileage is accurate but enjoyed not being able to hear the highway for 3 hours. Nice stopping points and views of the lake.

My first trail. I really enjoyed it.

Took my dog on the trail with me. Very easy trail to walk but was very enjoyable.

This is very good trail for mountain biking, especially the red trail near the lake with some obstacles.

Awesome

Great trail!

easy good beginner hikers

Fun trail. Nice pace, plenty of twists, not many climbs and drops but still fun and interesting for a day out. Not too difficult for the wife on a hybrid. Not a ton of traffic on a Sunday afternoon, either.

Great trails by the waterside. We only could do a 4 mile family hike/ trail run with the 3 yr old leading us but we enjoyed every step this week at this little gem.

Very quiet easy trail! We loved it. Beautiful views :)

Very quiet and secluded. Only saw one couple hiking and 3 bikes. Description is wrong as trail is open all year (source: fish store).

Nice trail! It's mostly flat and was a bit worried when I first got there, because I heard it's not marked that well. The good news is if u stay close to the lake it's not a problem at all. Very enjoyable!

Rode Herb Parsons Trail today for the first time. I am a beginner to trail riding. I would like to see the path trail marked better once out there riding. We had to get off in a few places because of logs covering the path and some steep slopes that were heavily rooted. I only took three tumbles so I would say it was a good day. :-) (p.s. I am 48 y.o)

Excellent, well-maintained trails.
The fee proposal was shot down, so it is free to use the trails.
There are actually up to about 10 miles of trails, if you use all the extended pathways.

Nice, easy trail. One of the very few secluded, mostly quiet areas in the Memphis area.

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) is applying the "High Impact" license fee to mountain bike use at Herb Parsons. The license will be required starting on July 1, 2015. TN residents $15.50 for a day license and $74 for an annual license. Nonresidents will be charged $37.50 for a day license and $233 for an annual license. The one star rating is for TWRA, not the trail.

The best trail in the Memphis area as far as I am concerned. Although the trail is mainly flat, it is long enough to satisfy my hunger to hike. I also run here and bikers are welcomed too. It is away from the hustle and bustle which separates it from Shelby Farms and the green lines within the city and German town. Fishing and boating can be a pleasure here, just make sure you check in. The paths are well walked and the trail is easy to see. You can see all kinds of wild life so bring a camera. I bring a hiking stick to help with things like snakes and such. Well shaded on hot day too, can't beat it.