Haw Ridge Lake Trail

Haw Ridge Lake Trail is a 8.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oak Ridge, Tennessee that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

off road driving

rock climbing

1 hour ago

Beautiful views when you're walking by the water (Lake Trail). The water was a gorgeous blue green. Lovely in winter

Awesome trails!!!

If you're looking for an extreme hike, take the power line trail. big hike up, big hike down

watch out for the mosquitoes

Good trails! Variety of difficulty ranging from easy to hard. I covered about 7 miles and didn't get to all of the trails. It would be a lot of fun on a bike so I'll have to try that next time.

it's great better markings would be nice but all around it's great the vibe with nature is one of a kind

Great time! Trails are clear and challenging! Hiked 8 miles with our kids and they loved it.

I grew up in Oak Ridge, so have ridden, hiked, kayaked, camped this area most of my life.
Recently moved back, after ten years in Atlanta/LA/New York, shooting film/video for documentaries and film. Almost forgot how much I enjoyed this area. I now live in Kingston area, on Watts Bar Lake (I'm a river rat) but have been riding Haw again, often for three hours, after I have dropped my Mom off at Sunday school.
The loop is great, and scenic. But you Mtn bikers especially, should consider exploring the primitive trails off the loop. You won't be disappointed!
Ride safe, ride happy. I may see you there!

very calm fun trail

You wouldn't expect trails like this to be so close to both Oak Ridge and Knoxville. I would definitely not rate these trails as "Hard" although there are some very steep (albeit short) climbs. There are a ton of great trails in the park other than this loop, but this one offers the best views in my opinion. Along the south edge (I forget exactly where) there are a couple picnic tables that make for an awesome lunch stop. If you go during the summer, make sure to bring some bug spray as certain sections can be pretty bad.

This was very lovely hike. We only spent about an hour and ten minutes out there due to time constraints. But it was quite beautiful. Lots of different trails to take, make it as easy or as hard as you like. My only complaint was the sound from the highway near by.