Harpeth Woods Trail

Harpeth Woods Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, TN that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I've hiked this trail more than any other trail. It's a fun, fairly quick trail with a lot of natural beauty. No great views, but a nice getaway in a large metro area. There's one nice hill that will give you a little cardio. The one drawback is it is a very highly-trafficked trail. Don't expect to get that great isolated feeling that you'll get from more out of the way locations.

Pretty but much shorter than anticipated

even though it rained earlier this hike was a refreshing one. I don't think it's easy... definitely rate it as a medium level trail but it was enjoyable!

I'm brand new to hiking and this one is just hard enough to make me feel accomplished but I'm still able to finish!

Great for first time hikers and a great view at the end.

Good - get your heart pumping I the uphills.

Good trail, gets muddy rather easily, never saw the large rock in the photo, wondering which trail it is on

One of my favorite short loops.

My husband and I walked this trail several months ago and we thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a disability but I made it fine. There is a small bridge by the lake that is pretty for photos. I want to take our grand kids and guests here.

I like this trail but as stated previously, it's crowded on nice days... Even weekdays. I hike this trail with my dog when it's cloudy/rainy... Just to avoid the masses!

Great trail! Offers good amount of variability as far as terrain and scenery. Be aware it is very crowded on really nice days.

Great trail for people who are ready to start working with terrain. On the downside, it's becoming more popular with people who are new to trail running and don't understand trail etiquette, such as those who run two abreast or come up behind hikers and shout "Excuse me," instead of indicating which side they want to pass through on "on your left/right."

This is one of the longer trails in Edwin Warner Park. This trail winds along small creek where it is rather flat. There is a small side trip to an old rock quarry. It then rises up a ridge where you see classic middle TN forestry and exposed limestone rock throughout. It swings you by a nice nature center where you can ID the birds you see on the hike. Amateur ornithologists can find many bird species here.

Great running trail. The majority of the trail is shaded by trees which really helps out during those hot, sunny days. There is some slight elevation but for the most part it is a pretty easy run.