Grundy Day Loop Trail

Grundy Day Loop Trail is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Tracy City, TN that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

hot springs

Grundy Day Loop is a 2 mile loop trail located near Tracy City, Tennessee and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

I agree with reviews of it's beauty but think the level should be more of mild moderate than easy due to narrow rocky parts

No shortage of beauty on this loop. Very fulfilling hike with all of the swimming holes and constant sounds of the stream. Was a blast watching people jump from the falls into the aqua blue water. This is a must see trail for those looking for a short but gratifying hike!

Awesome easy trail! It turns moderate at some point but not too complicated for kids or slower paced folks. Very peaceful and tranquil. Several water holes to swim. Much of this trail is alongside a creek,you can walk along the trail path it down the creek.

By far my favorite hike! I loved that this trail followed a creek most of the way- as I love being near water. There were lots of places to stop and swim at too, some harder to get to than others. Since the area is so close to water, many of the rocks were slippery. Be sure to pack good, sturdy hiking shoes because with the combination of slippery rocks and a rough trail it is easy to slip. There are some narrow parts to the trail that have sheer drop offs right next to them so I can't stress enough how important it is to have good shoes.

It gets a little challenging at times but it was a lot of fun!!

One of my favorites! Beautiful trail.

Good trip. Beautiful scenery. Bring hiking shoes and a walking stick. You'll be glad you did

One of the best trails in the Chattanooga area. The day loop is one of my favorites. Most of it follows a creek. It is a relatively easier hike, however it does have a lot of roots and a rocky surface. A good pair of hiking shoes would be best and I like to use a walking stick. The waterfalls are very nice and the hike is very enjoyable.

Mostly walks along a creek with the view of several small falls. There are a lot of rocks & tree roots.

I loved that the large majority of the trail followed the river. It was so beautiful! I will for sure go again! just be careful when hiking. There are alot of roots on the trail and some steep cliffs

Great short day hike along the creeks with multiple waterfalls. Wish it was warmer and would've gone swimming. 2 mile loop and then a leg down to sycamore falls to add an extra mile when go down and back.

Good short trail. Little muddy down by creek. Trailhead by sign-in shelter drops down to canyon floor immediately and is easier. Several nice waterfalls.

beautiful scenery every where! very nice hike for me and the girl friend today !

Great trail, clearly marked and a great trail for our dog.

Loved this trail! Such beautiful waterfalls, scenery and wildlife. Peaceful and well maintained, well marked and a hike well worthy of 4-5 stars!

NOT for 86-year old legs. We fell, we got scared, we ended up walking 3 miles. It was gorgeous! Beautiful day. Glad we did it but we won't do it again. I recommend hiking poles if you're over 40.

Wonderful waterfalls (some that you can swim in -- depending on water level). A leisurely hike, but with a few treacherous areas when everything is wet. Hiked when the water was down, and saw lots of kids and pets having fun in the falls, and hiked when it was raining and had been raining a lot in the area. Too dangerous to swim in some of the falls at that time, but the water features were so beautiful with swift running water! I recommend this trail both ways!!! Beautiful!