Grotto Falls Trail

Grotto Falls Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and horses and is accessible from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

An easy to moderate hike that is popular with families. Because of this, an early start - before 7 AM - is desirable. The highlight is Grotto Falls, under which the trail continues. Accessed via the Trillium Gap Trailhead, this is a cool, well-shaded hike with gentle elevation gains. The only "difficulties are numerous rocks and roots that just require you to watch your step. There is llama scat on the trail, but it is neither as plentiful or as noxious as some people would have you believe.

Busy trail at the time we went, but not crowded. Would recommend.

Loved this hike and the scenery along the way! Grotto Falls is beautiful! A few people were at the falls when we arrived, but they didn't stay long so we got to relax and enjoy the peace & quiet which was great! Very refreshing! Worth the hike

Easy hike to a wonderful fall. Walking behind the waterfall is really cool.

What an amazing and easy hike for me and my two kids. one of the best for the kids to start loving nature.

Me and the wife loved it, didn't take too long and the falls were worth the trek

Beautiful

Like others have said, it was pretty busy when we got there around 10:30. Parking wasn't great but the hike definitely got our heart rates going. My 64 year old grandma did this with us and we made it up in about an hour with 3-4 stops along the way. The waterfall wasn't heavily flowing but we weren't disappointed when we got there. It would've been better if there were less folks there, but I guess that's what happens when you go on Saturday though!

Going up to the falls is a good workout, but worth it in the end. I do recommend going early morning because it does get crowded, and there is limited parking. It was a great hike with beautiful scenery. Lastly, there are rocky areas and lots of tree roots, so I would not recommend sandals or flip flops.