Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail

Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 minute ago

Water fall was amazing and the hike was not too bad even with my 3 children.

Great waterfalls and not too difficult of a hike. Worth the time!

Super rad waterfall.

beautiful! has a spiral metal stair case to lower falls. not good for dog. others great though!

water flow is amazing today so much to see out here absolutely beautiful. trail is a bit slippery but worth the treck

Great trail and waterfall area. it was dried up when I went but would have been awesome if it ever rains again.

What a beautiful hike this time of year! The foliage was blazing! Too bad there was NO WATER coming over the falls, or even down the river. Fun hike. will try to do it again in the spring when the water is flowing.

The scenery was breathe taking, the path just challenging enough, and perfect for my first hike in Tennessee. Can't wait to return!

It was an easy hike that I would recommend doing during the day after it rains so the water holes are full. We brought our Australian Shepard and he could not go down the spiral stairs so we had to carry him down (50 lbs) which was very difficult. So if you plan on bringing a dog, then I would be prepared for that.

Was a great hike with a beautiful waterfall as a reward at the end!

Perfect short hike. Shaded all the way until the upper falls. Lower falls would be more challenging. And FYI if you have a dog that is not used to spiral stair cases, just do the upper falls. Just as beautiful!

I hiked this trail yesterday with my dog, and it was beautiful! the trail is well-maintained and features incredible views! the falls were both fairly full(it had just rained the day before), and the water was a *great* temperature for swimming.

One of my favorite hikes

Loved it. Wish there had been some more water in the waterfall, but that's summer and drought season for ya!