Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail

Greeter Falls Loop / Greeter Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Altamont, TN that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail and waterfall area. it was dried up when I went but would have been awesome if it ever rains again.

What a beautiful hike this time of year! The foliage was blazing! Too bad there was NO WATER coming over the falls, or even down the river. Fun hike. will try to do it again in the spring when the water is flowing.

The scenery was breathe taking, the path just challenging enough, and perfect for my first hike in Tennessee. Can't wait to return!

It was an easy hike that I would recommend doing during the day after it rains so the water holes are full. We brought our Australian Shepard and he could not go down the spiral stairs so we had to carry him down (50 lbs) which was very difficult. So if you plan on bringing a dog, then I would be prepared for that.

Was a great hike with a beautiful waterfall as a reward at the end!

Perfect short hike. Shaded all the way until the upper falls. Lower falls would be more challenging. And FYI if you have a dog that is not used to spiral stair cases, just do the upper falls. Just as beautiful!

I hiked this trail yesterday with my dog, and it was beautiful! the trail is well-maintained and features incredible views! the falls were both fairly full(it had just rained the day before), and the water was a *great* temperature for swimming.

One of my favorite hikes

Loved it. Wish there had been some more water in the waterfall, but that's summer and drought season for ya!

This waterfall was beautiful!! My friend and I decided to skip broadtree falls on this hike since we didn't know how far a way it was. When we got to the bottom of greeter falls I think we were both in awe! The water is almost crystal clear and there are lots of big rocks to sit around in. It looked like something out of a movie. I would highly recommend this to someone who was a short hike but wants to be able to swim around too.

Nice little hike, very pretty waterfall. Definitely recommend the trip!

this was a nice and rather peaceful hiking trails. The trail has a light foot print and still has a primitive feel. Traffic was super light as well. All in all, great place without a doubt worth it.

I wanted to add a bit more to our earlier review. Fortunately, both Greeter Falls and Broadtree Falls were flowing. Lots of recent rain to feed them. For older hikers, be a bit cautious on some of the steeper and more rocky parts of the trail. There are quite a bit of roots to contend with so mind your feet. We went during the week in late spring so there were few folks there. Best time to view all the falls is after they've been fed by rain. Time it carefully and you'll be rewarded. What's unique here, is that with each turn of the trail the hiker is presented with changing views. The walk along the sheer bluffs was amazing, as were the massive tumble down boulders one periodically comes upon. See it.

One of the more beautiful, and somewhat challenging hikes, especially for seniors.

love this trail, blue hole is a great swimming hole.

We hiked to Greeter and Boardtree Falls, Greeter was pretty nice but Boardtree had no water in it. We spent about 1:45 doing the loop and taking pictures. We only saw two other groups while we were here.

This is an easy hike, but be prepared for how wet and slick it is at the start of the trail all the way to the spiral staircase. We've been twice and both times it was wet. It is a beautiful hike though.