Gatlinburg Trail

Gatlinburg Trail is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Gatlinburg, TN that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Moderately trafficked. We took our dogs and were a little uncomfortable with how close the road was. Other than the road being so close we had a great walk! Plenty of shade and loved being alongside the river.

Nice easy hike along river. Fairly even terrain. Great hike for all ages.

Giving this one 4 stars because of the beautiful falls toward the end, and not much effort expended. This is a well-kept and well-marked partially paved trail that has heaps of places for kids to safely explore without toppling over a bluff, lovely shade trees, and ...lots of people. Heavily trafficked. My kids wanted one "rest" day while we spent a week in the smokies, so we stopped at the visitor center and took a stroll down this easy trail.

Ok basic gravel trail. For first .4m it was paved. Got close to noisy national park service equipment area and busy road.

Kid friendly with babbling stream along most of it. Well shaded and wheelchair accessible for some.

Easy walk.

Only bike trail in Gatlinburg .. To bad there are dogs on it also

Easy trail for all ages. Dog friendly.

short easy hike...very trafficked....it was the first trail i hit...its also the first trailhead you encounter from Gatlinburg. the hike and waterfall were pleasant but not really exciting...i did not realise dogs were not generally allowed on trails at GSM trails, it makes sense it just did not occur to me. don't miss this trail its a good introductory trail. if you are going to the visitors center....wouldn't you rather hike than drive??

For the moderate conditions, I was quite pleased with the scenery! The lovely stream, accompanied by a quaint waterfall, was very nice. Definitely a good place to hike for kids and beginners!

It was easy and mostly level with gorgeous scenery.

We love this trail. Not difficult and can be done with young kids and strollers. Path runs along the river with some structures left from the CCC. Very beautiful in all seasons.

Great trail for running or for an easy stroll.

If you're coming from the visitors' center you might think you're lost, but keep going and it's worth it. Lovely scenery -- the water, tree coverage and old homesteads made for a great hike. It only made our list so we could give the dogs some exercise on our GSMNP vacation, but it was well worth it.

Beautiful hike beside the water!! Easy terrain... A little bit of climbing... Stunning waterfalls.

After hiking Abrams Falls yesterday, this was an easy relaxing hike to keep the momentum going. Arthritis hurts pretty good today, however, I will keep pushing the limits!

This is a nice easy trail that is easily accessed from the city of Gatlinburg itself. It was an enjoyable walk, and just what I needed. I completed this after work at the 3:30 in the afternoon, and I was back in the middle of Gatlinburg by 5. Trail also has a few neat landmarks to see (old houses, an old cemetery, and of course the visitors center). Overall, if I feel I need to hit a trail after work again this will be the one I probably chose.

If you start on the end closest to Gatlinburg, the first mile or so is the most interesting. The rest of the trail tracked too close to civilization for my liking, running along a Park Service maintenance facility and even sharing a service road for a bit. That said, it is an easy, pleasant walk, and there are some great photo opportunities along the Little River.