Falls Branch Trail

Falls Branch Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tellico Plains, Tennessee and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Great hike.

Rough hike out but we'll worth the trip for the view of the falls

Fav hike so far!!!

Completed this trail today in 25 degree weather with 6-8 inches of snow. Awesome scenery with snow covering every branch in the forest. When my wife and I made it to the waterfall I was able to climb all of the way up on the ice and stand next to the falls. After the steep climb back out both of our pants were frozen all of the way up to our knees. We were lucky enough that someone the day before had made the trek and left us a great path to follow, otherwise I think it may have been fairly easy to lose our way in the steep decline before the creek.

This was an awesome day hike. There was some challenges getting close the the falls but well worth it. the trail was very muddy and slick in places and climbing back out a little tricky.

It is an easy hike to the falls and the hike is worth it. Beautiful! There was still some ice and snow around the falls. Loved the giant roots of the trees close to the falls. The last downhill part takes you on the stream and there is a water crossing before going up close to the falls.

Easy trail until it heads downhill. Once downhill, it becomes a moderate to strenuous trail. Nice trail - path goes between two boulders - very neat :-)

awesome and moderate to difficult. waterfall. virgin forests.

Great Day Hike. Last .4 of trail to the falls is treacherous when wet. Had my 5 year old with me and she made it just fine.

From Madisonville, head east and south on Hwy 68. I believe there is a sign pointing to Tellico Plains. Hwy 68 heads into Tellico Plains where you will take a left on Hwy 165 - the Cherohala Skyway. Drive 21 miles up the Skyway to an unmarked pull off parking area on the left. You will have just crossed a high bridge.

Take Falls Branch Trail #87 and in just under a mile, look for and take a side trail to the right (currently blocked by two large downed trees). If you miss the side trail, you'll continue back up to the Skyway at the previously mentioned bridge. The 1/2 mile side trail heads down towards Falls Branch (this is where is becomes strenuous). The waterfall is 60-70 feet sheer drop, it was wonderful.

Trail is challenging. We went on September 1. It was overcast and very foggy and brisk. It made for a awesome hike. It is all down going and therefore the climb out was strenuous. Very peaceful and quiet. We felt like the only people on the planet. Exactly what we needed for a short get away to rejuvenate. We took a five year old. However, she isn't typical. She is an amazing hiker and loves challenging hikes!