Falling Water Falls Trail

Falling Water Falls Trail is a 0.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Forest Park, Tennessee that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

There was some nice water flowing and the trail to the overlook and the falls was easy. The road my gps took me on to get up Signal Mtn was rather trecherous. The W road. It had several hairpin curves. There were 2 lanes, one for the those going up and those coming down, but trying to take those curves only 1 car could get through at a time. Cars from the top waited for those coming up to go by before they went because there wasn't enough room and it was so steep it is hard to see other cars coming from either up or down. The parking lot only has 4 spots so it is also a very small space. The trail is to the right of the parking area. If you follow the trail to the right it will take you to the overlook and if you go to the left you will go to the falls. You can't see the falls because it goes over the cliff and the trail only goes to the top. There is no real trail down. I met some locals while I was there and they told me if you cross the creek and go ip there is a rock you can kind of see the falls from, but the trail sign said not to cross the creek because it was private property. I saw a footpath that looked like it was for people to climb down and see the falls, but it was so steep I'm not sure you are supposed to do it without rock climbing equiptment. Unless there is some way down that I missed I would not recommend this trail to anyone except the locals who want a quick area to walk their dog.