Edgar Evins State Park Campground

DIFFICULTY 7 reviews

Edgar Evins State Park Campground is located near Smithville, TN. The trail is primarily used for camping and is accessible year-round.

The trail is a good workout and offers plenty of opportunities for wildlife to be spotted. The views in the summer aren't that spectacular mostly because the trees block the view. However, I can definitely see how there would be awesome views so I will be making a return visit come this fall/early winter.

Amazing views - they have definitely improved on marking the trails. BUT, with that being said, bring a map! My fiance and I went to go hike a couple miles and ended up hiking 10. The view was totally worth it.

Observation tower gives a good view of the Center hill dam. There is also a good 2 mile trail that leaves and comes back to the visitor center. We even walked out off trail on a couple of islands in the park.

I usually kayak on this trip but hiked this weekend. Beautiful ferns on the Highland Rim. The Millennium was pretty easy hike and the connector to the Merrit was a pretty hike along the ridge.
If you are in the area stop by Big Rock Market/Caney Fork Outdoors for lunch and a kayak shuttle on the Caney.

Also, here is link that shows trails

Great trails and neat observation tower with awesome view!

Great place to camp. They also have primitive camping sites. If you own a canoe, or kayak I recommend a lazy float down the caney fork river just below the dam. nice trails as well.