Cummins Falls Trail

Cummins Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cookeville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cummins Falls is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near Cookeville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

17 minutes ago

This was a very nice place. I can see why everyone likes to swim here. The pool at the bottom of the falls looked very nice although it was too cold to swim when I went yesterday. It wasn't very difficult to get to and there's a lot of other nice falls in the area as well like Fall Creek Falls and Burgess Falls. The parking lot was spacious and right by the restrooms. There was a trail to the left that went to the overlook (didn't make it to that one) and a trail to the right to the base of the falls (the shortcut). It was a downward slope, but I didn't really notice going down. Noticed it more when I came back up after I was really tired and carrying my full backpack. Had to cross the creek twice to get to the left side of the falls which was the easiest way. Then I wanted to go to the other side to take pictures so crossed again and THAT side was a bit more strenuous trying to get over lots of big rocks. But the falls was beautiful and I picked the perfect time to go since I had it mostly to myself for a while. It was a very nice trip.

such a fun trail

Sad of how the trail is now. Was out there every couple days before it was a park. It's a good trail if you didn't know the beauty that it had before.

very nice hike and amazing waterfall

Cummins Falls is one of my favorite places to hike. The waterfall is so beautiful and soothing to the soul, I highly recommend adding this to your list of places to see!

This waterfall is AMAZING!! It gorge was busy, but everyone was respectful. This is possibly the most beautiful place we have ever been! Dogs had a great time!!

The best waterfall I have been to yet. Great hike down to the falls and BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL. I couldn't wait to get in and swim. Water clean and cool. LOVED every second. Can't wait to go back.

Definitely not stroller friendly. We had our 2 year old and a puppy with us at the time, he hiked most of it, puppy took his time

There are three different trails... the outlook, the shortcut and the 3.4 mile loop to the bottom of the falls. Bring water shoes because part of the way you will be walking in the creek.

We went two days in a row and had a blast. The first day with a dog and the second without. Super easy, a lot of fun! There were all ages and all sizes- the super fit and the super not- all were having a great time.

Out of Towner here and out of the 4 waterfall hikes we did this one had the most amazing clear huge waterfall. Short hike mostly easy. Coming back the uphill after a long swim was a little tough on the legs since it's a bit steep. Nonetheless it was totally worth it!

Hiked this trail this past weekend. It was pretty good really enjoyable!!

This hike isn't very hard or long. Although the rocks are slick in the water. The waterfall is beautiful overall! Must go!

I love that I was able to share the journey with my dog!

perfect first hike for me. loved swimming in the waterfall

We decided to make the drive to hike this trail and was not disappointed! Beautiful waterfall and crystal clear water! Highly recommend!

Busy but beautiful! Save some energy for the way up.

We decided to do this trail today and I am sooo happy we did! Absolutely stunning and the best swim hole that I have ever been to! I could spend my entire day here if I could. I will say, listen to other reviews when they say hiking shoes or water shoes are a must!