Cummins Falls Trail

Cummins Falls Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Cookeville, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cummins Falls is a 3.2 mile out and back trail located near Cookeville, Tennessee that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Out of Towner here and out of the 4 waterfall hikes we did this one had the most amazing clear huge waterfall. Short hike mostly easy. Coming back the uphill after a long swim was a little tough on the legs since it's a bit steep. Nonetheless it was totally worth it!

Hiked this trail this past weekend. It was pretty good really enjoyable!!

This hike isn't very hard or long. Although the rocks are slick in the water. The waterfall is beautiful overall! Must go!

I love that I was able to share the journey with my dog!

perfect first hike for me. loved swimming in the waterfall

We decided to make the drive to hike this trail and was not disappointed! Beautiful waterfall and crystal clear water! Highly recommend!

Busy but beautiful! Save some energy for the way up.

We decided to do this trail today and I am sooo happy we did! Absolutely stunning and the best swim hole that I have ever been to! I could spend my entire day here if I could. I will say, listen to other reviews when they say hiking shoes or water shoes are a must!

I go at least once a week. My favorite hike that has a swim hole at the falls. I recommend Monday's or Tuesday's for minimal people and maximum fun.

LOVE Cummins Falls. I suggest going early, it does get very crowded during the day. You walk through a lot of water and the swimming hole is awesome. Wear shoes that grip good, it's very slippery on the falls.

Enjoyed this hike with my boys. Be sure to wear sandals/water shoes.

Beautiful! The trail to get there isn't exactly short but it's not bad. I saw a lot of people wearing flip flops.. DONT wear flip flops. Part of the trail is going up stream. The waterfall is gorgeous and I highly recommend wearing water shoes. There was a lot of people but it didn't take away from the experience.

absolutely spectacular!!! Makes you feel alive!!!!

Not to bad of a hike from the trail down to the falls. My wife and I got down to the river/falls area with ease. However, next time we come I'll remember to bring water shoes for when you get down to the water so it's easier to navigate through. We had an awesome time and would love to go back again sometime! Beautiful area with opportunity for plenty of pictures along the way.

Awesome swimming hole and falls... Only didn't get 5 stars from me because the crowds were outrageous!!! Would be such a cool place if it was so over crowded, in all my time hiking/camping in the South Appalachian/east Tennessee area I have never seen anything like!

Easy trail. Took the short trail to the falls and it took us 31 minutes walking fairly leisurely. This trail will destroy flip flops or cheap sandals so make sure you wear tennis shoes or hearty shoes. Will be walking through the water a significant amount and on rocks to get to the falls.

Loved this and we will be back. We arrived at the falls just before eleven and at the Parking lot at 10:15. Be sure to get there by then. There were about ten cars in the parking lot when we arrived and maybe 15 people at the falls. Within 30 minutes the people rate reached over 100. When we left at 3:00, there were 200 people at the falls and the parking lot was overflowed.