Crib Gap Trail

Crib Gap Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from March until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

wheelchair friendly

Did this trail as part of a large loop and trying to mark off another trail on the list. First part of the trail coming from Anthony Creek is a nice quiet trail. I say a deer about 40 feet from me and she allowed me to take photos and then watched me walkaway. Then you cross the road and continue on. It is still a pretty trail with hardwoods. The only problem is you can hear the traffic go by and at certain spots you can see the traffic. But it is a nice little trail with close by parking.

Took this trail by mistake. That's what happens when you breeze right through an intersection without looking up I guess. Really nothing of not for a hiker run's close to the road going into cade's cover so there is plenty of views of cars. I suppose it would be ok for horse riders.