Cove Hardwoods Nature Trail

Cove Hardwoods Nature Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Gatlinburg, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Tip. At the trail head there is a box that asks for 50cents for a brouchre, take one and just return once done. It has interesting facts about that trail that are numbered 1-15 or so as you hike. There is a little traffic noise but not a huge deal. Could be difficult for those who aren't fit, it's up some but well maintained path.

A short loop through a pretty hillside wooded setting. The trail begins on the right shortly after entering the picnic area. It was probably more exciting than usual for me though, as I had just my second black bear sighting here...definitely bigger and closer than my first encounter (blurry pictures uploaded). Fortunately neither one of us wanted to get any closer...and I did have bear spray to hopefully help if needed!

Wildflowers in Spring are plentiful along this trail.

What a wonderful albeit a short hike. So much to see, in April the wild flowers are everywhere.

This is not an easy trail. It is beautiful ! Please be aware of a continuous climb going up steps and rough rocks. I do have titanium knees and hip! This was a challenge. Perhaps this is an easy trail for experienced hikers.
It is a paradise for photographers!

If you want to see a lot of wildflowers in the Spring, this is the trail for you. I've hiked this trail may times and have never been disappointed. It's a very easy hike, not strenuous at all.

This was probably our least favorite self guided nature trail. I also would not call it easy. It was moderate at best and we have hiked 100's of miles.