Collins River Nature Trail

Collins River Nature Trail is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Rock Island, TN and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

easy very peaceful way to spend a Sunday morning

This trail does not have the natural features to draw hikers that other hikes in the area may have, but it is a nice hike nonetheless. It is an easy hike without much elevation change.

An interesting feature, located approximately 0.25 miles from the end of the north side of the loop is a family cemetery plot dating back to the late 1700's with reference to the War of 1812 and the Civil War.

This trail I feel gets overlooked at Rock Island, as it does not contain and running water/waterfalls as the others near the gorge do. However, it is an ideal trail for running, or for an extended walk.

If you are looking fora easy trail hike this is it! Nice hike with even trail.

Nice but somewhat boring

Nice trail. My wife and I are in our early sixties so the trail was moderate for us. Lots of shade and you can see the Collins river in some portions. View doesn't change much. Lots of butterflies in the parts under the power lines.

Easy trail for the family. Mostly shaded and an easy walk. Would be a great trail to begin training for cross country running.

Beautiful but fairly boring.

Nice trail, and very peaceful. There were a few others on the trail when we were there, but it wasn't congested. Not very scenic, as far as waterfalls or rock formations, but lots of wildlife in the area. I would recommend this trail for everyone, not too strenuous.

Very nice and peaceful trail. Mostly shaded with just a few spots in the open. This was my first time ever hiking so it was very strenuous for me but would probably be a breeze for an avid hiker. Will definitely come back and do it again.

This was a nice and easy hike. The first half of the hike is a bit boring and you can hear that you're following the waters pathway but you can hardly get a glimpse of it through the trees. But it gets much better. This trail has an old cemetery! Not only that but we found another smaller family gravesite further down the hike. The trail to the cemetery is beautiful with its old trees covered in vines. I would definitely recommend hiking it before you go swimming at rock island.

Its a wonderful peaceful trail. Been there a few times with my dogs and we just love it. Hardly anyone when we go so it is very quiet in fact we have seen 2 deer there so far. The trail is very easy so it makes for a nice relaxing time.

Beautiful, wooded trail - perfect to do at a casual pace for 2-3 hours. If you start the trail at the parking lot / trail head, then the last portion of the loop is a little different from the rest - the trail narrows, is a bit more strenuous, and ends at the grassy hill above the lot. (We will start there next time.) Entire loop is well labeled, and you can look for the white reflectors on the trees if you're not sure whether you're still on the right trail.

The Collins River Nature trail at Rock Island State Park in Rock Island TN, is a fairly flat and wide trail that would be great for trail running. There a a few views of the river but you will see mostly private boat docks on the other side of the banks belonging to land owners. There is also a small family graveyard on the trail with some birth dates going back to the 1800s