Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail

Columbia, TN
Cheeks Bend Bluff View Trail is a 1.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Columbia, TN that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

loved it but dont get to see no caves really wanted to see the caves

Went on trail and never found a cave. Do you have to take another trail?

This was a great trail. The kids, 5,8, & 10, loved it. The older two especially liked the cave.

This is a nice hike and the caves are a big plus.

Easy hike. Beautiful scenery.

I live in Spring Hill TN and I hike continuously/or as much as my health allows. I am also an ole cave and rock climbing type guy, and I have explored all around the world. My point, the Cheeks Bend Bluff trial is my favorite hike within a 30 minute drive. It has everything for these old bones to enjoy. A great workout, beautiful scenery, wildlife, wild flower's, peace and quit, and a cave to hit my head in. Most importantly, it is a very good workout for the whole body, and one that all ages can enjoy. With strict supervision due to the high bluffs and river. For myself, I love it as I am a photo buff/free lancer, and it has all of my favorite features all rolled up into a 1.5 - 2 hour trail. Although I usually take longer as I am enjoying beauty! Please keep our Parks Clean and Trash Free!

The trailhead is a bit hard to tell when driving up. When you see a sign saying Duck River Complex and a Y in the road park, and a small red sign will lead you in. The hike to the loop is a rain runoff trail so plenty of flagstone navigating. Once you get towards the loop the adventure starts! Lots of cliffs and rocky areas to peel off the trail and explore. The views of the river are real nice too.

I hiked a short part of this last weekend with my 4 y/o grandson, but the trail was so wet and muddy (it was literally a running stream in most spots) that we abandoned the effort about a third of the way in. I went back with my wife this morning and conditions were much better and drier. We had a good time. We flushed a turkey from it's roost in a tree and it nearly scared us to death! Ha Ha! Never saw the caves, but we weren't too inclined to get off trail and wander about.

Great trail, pretty views and easy enough for kids.

Fun, easy, great views and caves at the end (which we kept a secret for a surprise for our kids).

One of our favorites! A good workout and the caves are fun to explore.

Easy and so much fun to explore! Especially with kids! They have cool caves also! also have canoe rentals there so that would be a fun adventure also!

one of the first day hikes I went on after buying 60 hikes within 60 miles of nashville. trail head was a little difficult to find, but yes this little hike worth the effort

So much fun! We loved going off trail and exploring the caves! Definitely a goody!

My daughter and I enjoyed this little gem last week on Thursday. I decided to bring my hubby out on Sunday for a practice round with our three day overnight packs. Beautiful hike, albeit short, and worth the serenity. Only flaw is I wish it was longer.

It was beautiful. You have to find the cave though. The trail was great, don't get me wrong, but the cave made my boys' day. Mine too.