Boyd Gap Trail

Boyd Gap Trail is a 8.4 mile loop trail located near Copperhill, TN and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

good trail but too many bicyclist

Great hike with views of the river. We parked at Boyd Gap parking area and took the Brush Creek Trail head on the left side. Do the full loop to get the river views. The parking area had a pretty spectacular view of the mountains as well.

I've only done the brush creek to boyd gap run on my bike, but it's a really fun ride. it is not a one way trail though and is a popular biking spot especially on weekends, so going around blind curves is a little scary. Aside from potential collisions, it is nice.

Let me start by saying. I believe there is a discrepancy in the trail name. I believe this trail is actually Brush Creek Trail. There is also a discrepancy in the distance. Here it's listed as 8.4 which seems accurate. Signs posted by USFS call it 6.8 and Trail map says 7. You be the judge. We started at the HWY 64 parking lot and walked up to Boyd Gap Parking Area. The hike itself is easy with little elevation change until the end. It meanders around and over Ocoee Lake with several views of the lake. We went around the spur and took a break at Boyd Gap. Being this close to the Sheep Top mountaintop we went ahead and went to the top then went back to 64 parking lot. We took the short trail back and cut up a FS road to make the round trip about 11.5 miles. Although it's labeled a mountain bike trail we only encountered one couple on bikes. Otherwise we had the trail to ourselves.