Bote Mountain Trail

Bote Mountain Trail is a 13.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Bote mountain is my nemesis. I have been on it several times and is a necessary evil to get to some other trails and the AT. With that being said, I also love this trail. It offers good views and wildflowers. But it is up and only up and very rocky. So be ready for that. I may sound like I don't like this trail but I do. It is a great workout and you really feel like you have accomplished something when you get to the top. Plus at the top is the AT and in close proximity, Rocky Top and Spence Field. It makes for a great day hike or overnighter along one of the many trails that connects to it or at the Spence Field Shelter.

Nice workout on a beautiful ridge line. Saw one other hiker. Flowers and mushrooms are abundant. You can connect with the AT and a few other trails.

Muddy in places but some great views along the ridges! Several options to trails off this one or go all the way to AT!