Bluff Trail

Bluff Trail is a 9.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chattanooga, TN that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

We hiked this trail from Cravens house, we will definitely be back!

Point Park is a bit of a tourist trap, pay to park every day, $5 per person. Nice views and all but not for someone trying to get away.

My family and I really enjoyed this trail. We met a few people along the way who are locals that helped us navigate the trail and showed us some neat places we otherwise wouldn't have gotten to see without the help that they provided us. I would have wanted to see more signage just to help navigate the trail or to know the distance that we traveled but overall we really enjoyed the view and the waterfalls within this trail.

Great, easy walk with super views and some climbing along the way.

We only went up to sunset rock, which according to the signs, was supposed to be just a mile. My fitbit disagreed, measuring it at about 2 miles. The trail has gotten slightly overgrown, and there was at least one snake. Rocky in a few areas. We got almost back to point park before it started to seriously storm. Very pretty view, but not my favorite.

the directions to this trail is not correct they go to the blue blazes trail

It wasn't quite spring, my 2 year old did fine until the very end.

Followed the directions for this trail but it took us to Blue Blazes Trail? Blue Blazes was great, short. Hoping to find Bluff Trail next time.

some parts of the trail were very narrow with steep drops, use caution when hiking this trail but it was an amazing hike with incredible views. definitely worth the hike.

This trail is awesome . Went from Point Park to Giants Niche and back(6.67 miles). Beautiful views, awesome rock formations, and beautiful sandstone bluffs. Lots of climbers down at Giants Niche. Highly recommend this trail. Oh make sure to take the short trail up to Sunset Rock, view is well worth the climb. Will definitely be back, this is a new favorite.

Been doing this hike since I went to school there in 1972. Sunset rock can be amazing at the right times. Point park and Cravens House are history still. Covenant was an old hotel converted to a Reformed Presbyterian school. One of my alma maters.

Started this trail at Point Park. Great views of Chattanooga. Hiked to Sunset Rock, which is worth the diversion from the main trail. Continued onward to Giant's Niche and watched some rock climbers. Then went to Covenant College. Turned around there and followed the same trail back. Nice views all along the trail. Easy hike and a little rocky.

Beautiful hike. Peaceful. Good workout. Amazing views.

One of the best trails in Chattanooga! Great for trail running too. Amazing views along trail, at Sunset Rock, and everywhere in between. Take the trail down to Skyuka Spring and get to see one of the bigger natural springs I've come across. It's delicious too =]

Parked at the Craven House and hiked the connector trail (Craven Trail) to the Bluff Trail. I really enjoyed the Bluff trail because it has great views. I believe the trail is rated an easy/moderate with the National Park service and I would say that's fairly accurate but it is very rocky. The trail is narrow in some parts but very managable. The Park service has put up barricades on some of the worst parts closest to the edge. It is possible to climb the stairs to Sunset Rock from the trail but the stone staircase isn't in the greatest condition. I don't recommend allowing small children to tag along because it woulnd't take much to loose your footing in some places.

Took an unplanned hike here after visiting rock city and point park. Great vistas. Got to socialize with several climbers who were ascending the bluff at various spots along the trail. Hiked from point park down to sunset rock and back. (About 2.5 miles). Great side trip after visiting Rock City.

they need to trim up the trail big time but great wildlife viewing