Bear Paw Trail

Bear Paw Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Copperhill, TN that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great for the family. Need to come back when the flowering trees are blooming, lots of rhododendron along the trail. Would also be nice in the spring with all the little creeks feeding the main river.

This is a lovely, fairly easy trail for anyone looking for a nice walk in the forest. I absolutely adore it.

One of the many trails that is part of the Tanasi Trail System. You access the trailhead by crossing the suspension bridge next to the Ocoee Whitewater Center. Parking costs $3 per day. The trail is overall easy, however there are elevation changes. Mostly climb uphill half way (regardless of which direction you take the loop) and downhill the second half. You can hear the river most of the trail but really had few views of it. Not a bad hike by itself, or use it as access to one of several other trails that are part of the system.

I really liked the beauty of this trail. I'm not as in shape as I'd like to be, so it was difficult for me but still worth it. I had to stop a lot on the way, there wasn't any where to sit so I had to sit right on the ground in the middle of the path. That wasn't safe cause bikers and other hikers was also going up and down the trail. If there was anything I'd want different it would be rest spots.