Appalachian Trail - Dennis Cove to US Highway 321

Appalachian Trail - Dennis Cove to US Highway 321 is a 7.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Hampton, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

7.5 miles 1227 feet Point to Point

Love the hike! Hiked it many times, living in the area it is my go to hike!

Great hike! From 321 to the falls taking the upper loop out and lower loop back is 5.45 mi. Lower loop follows the river, several primitive camping sites and just beautiful! Have not gone to falls from Dennis cove yet.

I did this in 2 hours and 45 minutes today taking the upper trails on the way to Dennis cover and then following the lower trails on the way back. In all this was about a 7.5 mile hike rather than the 8.6 miles in the listing. I actually lost the signal for the section of my hike nearest the falls. For the first time ever I did see a rather large snake and I uploaded its picture. He seemed rather docile laying in the sun but it looked like a rattle snake. I took way point pictures of each sign and bridge along the trail for any new timers wanting to make the trek. There is one stretch that is was a little tough but it takes you along a rocky ridge with great views. Also, if you hike from the falls to the upper trail prepare for your quads to burn a little. For a visual, I uploaded my track called - AT: US 321 to Dennis Cove and Back.

Great Hike! If you're looking for an easy hike in the woods, this is the hike for you. There are an abundance of waterfalls just off the trail. There are a few swimming holes but most are located closer to the parking lot at the end of the hike.