Abrams Falls Trail

Abrams Falls Trail is a 8.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Townsend, TN that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Abrams Fall is a popular waterfall with a 25 foot drop over a rocky cliff beside it. The trail is well maintained. It does have a few spots with roots and rocks. The trail gets a lot of use. Expect other hikers. At certain times of the year, it will be extremely crowded.

Really nice hike. Several foot bridges, alot of ups and downs, roots, rocks but that's nature and isn't that what we go for? Nice waterfall, and large area to sit and enjoy it. I'd recommend bringing your lunch and plenty of water.

New to the hiking game so parts were a little rough. I loved it! Very pretty.

Long but beautiful trails to some very nice falls

Great trail !!

beautiful trail. The heavy traffic is at the first 2.4 miles to the awesome falls. The 1st mile lulls you into a sense of ease but some real nice rocky climbs makes you glad you came prepared with good shoes & shorts. felt over prepared at first with 170 ozs of water in our CamelBaks but was glad to have it by the time we got to the falls. Looking forward to doing the full 8.4 next time.

Great trail, saw a bear on the creek. Uphill on the way back be prepared.

Great trail, recommend highly for families. Great views and falls were worth the hike. Cade's Cove area is highly recommended, take the whole day up there and time hike to end towards evening. Viewed black bear, woodchucks and lots of deer.

Beautiful hike. Went late in the day made it to the car just as the sun was starting to go down. Came face to face with 2 separate bears around blind corners. Scared the pants off me!

The hike there was easy, mostly downhill, the hike back was a little rough. Overall, super worth it, the cold, clear water feels great when hiking it in the summer.

I think it is moderate to hard the first half was super easy but the second part would be considered hard. It was so beautiful once we got there ❤️ there is a strong undertow the closer you get to the falls but a huge swimming area I definitely suggest to keep an eye on small children. But completely worth the view. I will definitely be going back. It is in the back of the Cades Cove loop and it is 2.5 miles to the falls

Beautifal place. Nice place to sweat then relax.

Nice hike with a lot of views and different scenery. And the ending was very nice! The falls were pretty

Nice easy hike with a nice reward at the end.

Beautiful falls. Trail is a high traffic area, the day we were there a bus load of high schoolers arrived just after we did. There are lots of rocks & roots which mean you must watch your footing or risk a twisted ankle. There is plenty of room at the falls to find a place to sit & enjoy a snack or lunch. I wouldn't recommend swimming due to the strong undertow at the bottom of the falls, and there are several signs warning against it. My husband & I are in our late fifties & newbie hikers, and found this to be an enjoyable hike which we completed in about three hours.