Old Baldy Trail

Old Baldy Trail is a 7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Beaver Crossing, South Dakota that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

This is a lovely trail however we did a lot of trail finding. They must be trying to reroute some of the trail. There are branches stacked a crossed some of the trails and trail signs pointing the wrong way. The trail needs some care ???

This is a fun easy trail with a summit of Old Baldy !!

This was an easy trail that I hiked yesterday 10/15/15. It was fairly well marked. Scenery was pleasant, but not exciting. However, when retuning to the trailhead at 3:30 pm, I met a mountain lion (big!) on the trail, about 50 ft. away. We stared at each other and then I raised my metal hiking poles above my head and banged them together until it left.

The trail is not very obvious the whole way but is marked with signs and has nice scenery. The climb and views from the top, at the end, are well worth the effort.