Buzzard Trail and Loop

Buzzard Trail and Loop is a 1.6 mile loop trail located near Rapid City, SD that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Take the sun up trail to buzzards roost then take the south rim trail back

Pretty good trail. I think someone switch some signs around for fun. We went up a difficult trail by following signs but the "easy" path was pointing toward the difficult path. Honestly the area was beautiful when I looked around but I had to focus on not twisting my ankle on the loose rocky path of the difficult trail. The path would probably been pretty good for someone who was a bit more used to hiking, I just started. Kinda proud of myself for being able to do it though. What made it worth it was the view wow it was gorgeous at the top of buzzards roost!

Beautiful hike! Great trails!

Great trail with great views at the top!

Awesome trail!!

My dog & I enjoy this trail. Not too far from RC. Great view over looking Hiselga.

Fun quick trail. If you do this one, you have to make sure you go all the way to the top. The view is great. I almost made the wrong turn and missed the short leg to the top. Fun hike and even better for mountain biking. The switchbacks on the way down are the perfect difficulty for my fairly novice skill level.

Pretty easy hike and so beautiful! Highly recommended!

nice and easy hike off of 44 right after falling rock.
can be completed within 45 minutes to an hour and a half
easily located just a left off of the road as if you were heading away from rapid city
very nice scenic view of the hills