Bear Butte State Park Trail

Bear Butte State Park Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Sturgis, SD that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from May until November.

One of my favorites in this area.

Really cool hike on a well maintained trail. Great view from the top. Its a must do if your in the area

Absolutely relaxing and beautiful views. Rained on us ! We still had a picnic. Let's do this again !

The views are fantastic! Make sure to take lots of water and wear sturdy shoes.

Great hike, worth it for the view.

A great hike

Wonderful hike! It's a moderate to hard hike. Quite vertical the second half with lots of loose schist rock. Completely worth it though for the view.

Very nice trail

I've hiked this one twice. Moderate hike with a lot of great views. The last time i hiked it was this February, so the description of it being closed until May is incorrect.

Great views of surrounding countryside.

Beautiful hike - bring a big jug of water and a walking stick! Poison Ivy was turning red so it was easy to spot on our hike - seemed a bit steep in places but well worth the work - would hike again if given the chance!

This is a beautiful hike. Don't plan to take your dogs, they aren't allowed on the trails, also remember it is a spiritual place for the Sioux Nation. You will see prayer flags and ceremonial sweat buildings along the way. I am always at peace and one when I am at Bear Butte.

This was one of my favorite hikes I've done! It might have been the people that I went with, but I still think that it is a very fun and beautiful hike. I went in the early spring and when we were half way up it started to drizzle. By the time we reached the top, it was snowing! It was foggy so we didn't have much of a view, but seeing all the prayer cloths tried to the trees up there was beautiful just the same!