Waldrop Stone Falls

Waldrop Stone Falls is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Central, South Carolina that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

its a little difficult to go down with all thr leaves in the ground. We did it this morning, it was peaceful noone there but us.

be careful when going down to the falls in fall because its not a wide path. Potentially can slide down hill.

Good ready trail, but if you take the spur down to the bottom of the falls it's at least moderate- my 12 year old Golden Retriever will testify to that!

great easy trail

Very easy, simple hike. The waterfall is very peaceful. When I went, there was a family with their kids playing in the creek above.

Very nice easy hike the trail along the stream was nice and the waterfall was very nice as well great for a quick afternoon hike with the kids.

Nice, quiet easy hike.

Nice easy hike/walk. A slight descend to get to the falls but nothing horrid.
There is a bench by the falls to just sit back and relax and enjoy the falls.

I went on a weekend and only saw one other person and their well behaved dog.

Easy loop with a great view of the falls

There's no where to park! What I assumed was the main entrance (where the wooden map sign is) has enough space for two cars to park but it's in front of an entrance for people who work in Clemson's Experimental Forest. I just left a note in my car with my phone number so someone could call if I needed to move my car. Other than that it's a pretty little trail, fairly easy to walk. Certain areas were pretty slick underfoot because of all the fallen fall foliage. Would love to go again but wish there was a better parking situation.

I used to live across the road from this trail. I loved to go hike it regularly. It's a good, easy hike and you see 3 waterfalls along the way. Definitely worth a go.

So much fun! Easy enough for a three year old to do (with a bit of carrying) and just beautiful. When we pulled up we though it might be a bust and even as we started down the dirt road we wondered how we would get to a waterfall, but sure enough, eventually you come to the forest and trail down a steep incline and behind there is a wonderful waterfall. The hike back was really pleasant as well. Wonderful for families. Our 8, 7, and three year old loved it.

This makes for a good hike with kids. There are a lot of trails and false trails crossing the path, nothing that someone with experience would get confused by, but kids might be a bit turned around. The decent to the falls is pretty steep-sided and slippery, again something about which hikers with little kids will want to be cautious. All in all, a great hike. For reference, my kids that hiked it are 4 1/2 and 3 years old (3yo was in arms a bit, but she walked most of it!)

This a great short and super easy trail. Well maintained and great for dogs. The waterfall is not too big but worth the short hike. 2 points of entry from the road.

Nice and short waterfall loop on Clemson experimental forest land. If you live in clemson or central, you don't have to go far for this short hike. If you loop it is about a 1 mile hike total and takes about 30 minutes. However the waterfall is pretty cool for being close by. All in all the falls are about 30-40 feet tall composed of several drops.