Tamassee Knob trail-Oconee State Park

Tamassee Knob trail-Oconee State Park is a 4.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Mountain Rest, SC that offers scenic views. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

family favorite

I got to this trail after coming up from Station Cove Falls. The trail was overgrown quite a bit especially the second half as well as just covered up- does not appear to get much use. May try it again in winter when some of cover is down but not my favorite hike in the area.

This trail features an excellent view of the mountains from a rock at the end. I enjoyed eating the first blackberries of the season by the rock. The trail ends a few feet beyond the rock; there is no need to go down the hill. It started out muddy, but improved as I went along. No one was on the trail, just me and the flies. The plant growth is overtaking some parts of the trail this time of the year. It was moderately difficult and took me two and half hours to get there and back. I started out on the palmetto/chestnut trail.