Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, SC that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

Worth the work! Beautiful views.

For those with ankle/knee issues, think twice. Going up is difficult, coming back down can be joint crushing. Duly warned. If you just gotta do it, use hiking sticks for support and prepare for plenty of time to get up there and back. Bring water and a snack, but no heavy backpacks, they only add to the difficulty. Take frequent breaks. I wouldn't recommend young kids either as it is difficult and no bathrooms, and you don't want to tote them around. Yes, I had fun. Yes, The views are great, but my knees couldn't do it again.

Loved this hike! View was spectacular. Picnic lunch on Governor's Rock. 3 1/2 hours there and back. Weather was gorgeous on Oct 1. Saw a doe and her fawn in the woods.

Great hike on a cool day with a couple of great views of the countryside. Strenuous climb with only a handful of flat break once you reach the ridge. Advertised as 7 hour round trip but can be completed in 4 or so hours by someone in decent hiking condition. Can be quite crowded on the trail on a nice day.

View was amazing

Second time I've done this hike, I just do the table rock trail which is very well laid out and marked..the leaves are starting to change, so today was a beautiful hike!! This one is a great exercise, if your looking for #LegDay well hike this mountain! Very great views and awesome scenery along the way, I always go early to avoid crowds, hiking is my escape from reality, so I enjoy the solitude..The view from the summit is breath taking, I've seen better but it is still one for the books!

Rough hike. We were heading to the top of table rock but the guy at the check in recommended we took the path to Pinnacle then cut through the Mill Creek Trail, and head back up that way. Horrible mistake. Added 6.5 miles to the trip and we ran out of water due to this. The table rock trail was not bad at all, and the views were beautiful but do not take any advice from the guy at check in.

great place to exercise and you get to enjoy the magnificent view at the top. one of my favorite hikes to far.

Good hike. Lots of steps and rocks near the beginning/end. Views at the top are spectacular.

Went Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Got there by 8:30am and successfully beat the crowds. Very nice path but definitely exhausting. Our dog made it the entire way but was pretty worn out afterward. Coming down, we must've passed at least 150 hikers --- it got very crowded about lunch time or shortly after. Actually it was ridiculously crowded but still worth it. Would love to hike again.

I have done tons of hiking with my kids ages 6, 8 and 17 and this trail is defiantly one of our favorites. It has everything we enjoy on a trail: waterfalls, cool bridges, huge rock formations and best of all awesome views. It is a challenging trail and may be a little much for younger children who are not active. I saw a few family's turn back on the way up. The trail is pretty much a constant climb for 3.6 miles. The trail is well kept and well trafficked but not crowded even on a Saturday evening. At the beginning of the trail at the nature center they will give you a certificate saying you have completed the trail. The kids thought it was cool.

Nice trails for family. Beautiful place

Breathtaking

Great trail. Waterfall at the trail head makes for some good water fun when you are finished with the hike.

Awesome trail. Several lookout spots. Prepare with plenty of hydration. Be sure to keep going to the view thats at the very end. You'll think you're finished before you are. Go well past summit to very end of rock after growth.

Beautiful views and great trails