Table Rock Trail

Table Rock Trail is a 6.5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pickens, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Greenville: Drive north on US 276 north until it joins SC 11. Stay on SC 11 when it branches from US 276 and continue for approximately 7 miles to the West Gate of Table Rock State Park on the right. Enter the park and follow the signs to the Nature Center. After a short hike on the Carrick Creek Trail, bear to the right onto the Table Rock NRT.

Great hike, good distance for a fulfilling day hike. It took 4 of us almost 2.5 hours to get to the top, and less than 2 hours to get down. We enjoyed lunch with a beautiful view at the top. Bring lots of water - this trail has a fairly steep incline almost the entire hike with a few level spots as you get closer to the top. We passed a hiker on the way out who was being treated by the rangers for dehydration. Our group was each fine with our own camelback on the trail in January in 69 degree weather. Please make sure you bring enough water for your canine friends too - so many thirsty pups on the trail! This trail is clearly marked, heavily trafficked (was also the only trail open in the park when we went due to the wildfires) and has lots of stairs.

it was not very very hard hiking as mentioned. but if u r out of shape or first tom hiker, it will be very difficult.we went in Jan 2017. bring lots of water or else you will be dehydrated. it will be 1.5 miles to the shelter and another 2 miles to the summit and overlook. it was a splendid view from governers rock and a mile from there you can reach summit. And overlook will be half a mile from there.. it will be a splendid view from the overlook point.

great 10km round trip to the lookout... steep climb

One of my most favorite destinations!! Tough hike but so worth it. Brings lots of water and a good snack! We brought our eno hammocks.. ate lunch and even took a nap up top!

heavy traffic beautiful view from bald knob, before the fire

hard as crap! I about died lol but it was a great hike!

I think the difficulty is overrated here. There is a large elevation gain in the later miles, but not overly difficult. Will be a difficult climb for first timers with the elevation+mileage increase. Great path and footing the entire way.

Worth the work! Beautiful views.

For those with ankle/knee issues, think twice. Going up is difficult, coming back down can be joint crushing. Duly warned. If you just gotta do it, use hiking sticks for support and prepare for plenty of time to get up there and back. Bring water and a snack, but no heavy backpacks, they only add to the difficulty. Take frequent breaks. I wouldn't recommend young kids either as it is difficult and no bathrooms, and you don't want to tote them around. Yes, I had fun. Yes, The views are great, but my knees couldn't do it again.

Loved this hike! View was spectacular. Picnic lunch on Governor's Rock. 3 1/2 hours there and back. Weather was gorgeous on Oct 1. Saw a doe and her fawn in the woods.

Great hike on a cool day with a couple of great views of the countryside. Strenuous climb with only a handful of flat break once you reach the ridge. Advertised as 7 hour round trip but can be completed in 4 or so hours by someone in decent hiking condition. Can be quite crowded on the trail on a nice day.

View was amazing

Second time I've done this hike, I just do the table rock trail which is very well laid out and marked..the leaves are starting to change, so today was a beautiful hike!! This one is a great exercise, if your looking for #LegDay well hike this mountain! Very great views and awesome scenery along the way, I always go early to avoid crowds, hiking is my escape from reality, so I enjoy the solitude..The view from the summit is breath taking, I've seen better but it is still one for the books!

Rough hike. We were heading to the top of table rock but the guy at the check in recommended we took the path to Pinnacle then cut through the Mill Creek Trail, and head back up that way. Horrible mistake. Added 6.5 miles to the trip and we ran out of water due to this. The table rock trail was not bad at all, and the views were beautiful but do not take any advice from the guy at check in.

great place to exercise and you get to enjoy the magnificent view at the top. one of my favorite hikes to far.