Palmetto Trail Swamp Fox Passage

Palmetto Trail Swamp Fox Passage is a 46.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Bonneau, SC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

46.5 miles 652 feet Point to Point

I still remember this trail very well. There were times that I thought we were walking too close to the snake habitat.

I did this summer before last. It was a nice trip. There were wolves howling at night but we were not able to see any.

Great hike

Best section of the Palmetto Trail hands down! I went when I was younger and did the whole thing in 2 days. It is very flat and has great scenery. I would definitely recommend this for a multi-day camping trip with family or a group of friends. I'm not a biker but you could easily do this whole section in 2 days. It does cut across the highways in a few sections, so be aware of traffic. Other than that, this is my favorite "long" trail hands down.

Great trip for how close it is, went during the winter. Not the best time to go but it was all in all a fun trip away from civilization. Only beef i had with it, was it was heavily saturated with horse trails as well as pavement. I advise not to go during warmer months because of misquitos. They release wolves in the area, so occassionally you can hear a wolf howling in the back ground during night. Tons of other cool wildlife. Worth a trip if your in the area and have a few days. Very easy hike, flat but swampy. interesting from my usual mountain treks. A bunch of day hikers as well which i did not like.