Savannah River Bluffs

Savannah River Bluffs is a 2 mile loop trail located near North Augusta, SC. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice little trail and easy to follow.

trail was a little rough with lots of downed trees in the trail, but overall a beautiful hike

I love the scenery on this trail and the fact that it isn't your typical boring paved trail. It was definitely a challenge with some of the inclines. Some parts were hard to navigate due to fallen trees on the path. But we got creative. There is an awesome view of the Savannah river and you can even see the Augusta Canal from the halfway mark.

Great view about a mile in of the Savannah River

Very enjoyable hike but a little busy, if you're looking for some alone time maybe not the choice for you. However if you're looking for something close just to get out in nature it is a nice little getaway.

About 2 miles long and NOT stroller friendly but we used carriers and it was great, the end was a beautiful view of the Savannah River and an open space to relax and enjoy it. One of my favorites and we do about a trail a week.

One of my favorite trails around Augusta.

Love this trail! It's a short hike but if you go hard it is definitely a work out. One trail tends to be more overgrown during summer but in the winter/fall they are both easy trails. My dogs love them too!

While this is a fairly easy hike--and very short, 80% of the way back can be pretty brutal if you're out of shape---*cough* (hubby and I should have paced ourselves!) I wish there had been a few places to sit and enjoy the scenery, but it's pretty straightforward and back. Though it is a nice surprise to finally get to the river. If it didn't feel like it was 100 degrees out there, we probably would have put out feet in. Definitely a very easy hike for those who are more experienced. Now I just gotta hit the gym for a while haha!

Awesome short hike for beginners or those simply wanting to get out in nature. I will say that finding the parking lot would have been nearly impossible had I not gone with a local from the area. The parking lot and trail are located in a neighborhood, right past a house on the left. In fact, when hiking, I remember seeing the backyard of at least two homes. Regardless, this scenic hike runs into the Savannah River halfway through, which I thought was lovely! Some folks were even hammocking. The inclines and declines were pretty mild. Not bad for a beginner or short day hike :-)

A very cute trail. It's a small loop out ot the river with little signs pointing you in the right direction, making it nearly impossible to get lost.
This is a great beginner's trail for kids, or casual hikers who want to feel like they're out in the wilderness without going too far from home.
Truly a lovely little trail. I recommend going near sunset, as watching over the Savannah river is beautiful.

Due to intense storms the past few nights there are numerous trees down across the trail, often with the trail markers on them. Bring a stick, lots of webs across the trail, big enough I think humans are the prey!

Fast and fun little hike. Not a popular trail but one we really enjoyed. saw 3 deer, beaver dens and so much more. The river view is a nice surprise when you hit it halfway through the trail. Take your time and enjoy this 1.5 miles.

Great afternoon hike for the family. Has creek bed (with water most of the time) that you follow down to the Savannah River and a higher route to make it a loop back. Take first right off I20, keep right to end of road. Parking area on left.