Rainbow Falls Trail

Rainbow Falls Trail is a 3.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cleveland, South Carolina that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from September until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Parking is limited and is known to be full sometimes during weekends

I really enjoyed this trail. Unseasonably warm January day. Perfect for hiking. Ranger told us it was about 5 miles RT and strenuous. Parts of it can be, but I didn't find it too difficult. The height of the waterfall is amazing and the perfect payoff!

amazing trail! all uphill, great reward at the top, then all downhill

This trail is straight uphill. It's a tough hike but a great workout and well worth it for the beautiful waterfall. I highly recommend this trail.

Challenging but short enough to not be miserable. Definitely worth your time. Get there early to have the falls to yourself!

I didn't do this trail. I did the trail on the other side. It's about a 1/4-1/2 mile straight down that leads you to the same fall. It's an awesome hike and even has some sections that a rope is required to repel from. My legs are killing me today, but well worth it!!

Love this trail. Beautiful scenery and great views. Challenging enough to get the blood flowing, but easy enough to do with the family. It will be a regular for me.

great views of waterfalls. some pretty steep inclines to get the blood flowing.

Great trail with some wonderful views! it intersects with several other trails as well.

Loved this trail. My 8 yr old done it easily. Well worth the climb!

We had so much fun! It definitely was challenging getting down to the falls but so worth it.

Starts deceiving easy, once you cross the bridge things begin to change. Plan according as it does take awhile. The view at the end is awesome. And it's all downhill coming back.

Beautiful Trail. Significant amount of stairs/steps. Many places to stop and rest and enjoy the quiet. Trail is very narrow at several points. Trail starts off flat, then increases to moderate. After about one mile in, trail changes significantly to hard and strenuous. Allow several hours to get to the end and back out. Not a loop. Enjoy!!!