Poinsett State Park Area Trail

Poinsett State Park Area Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Wedgefield, SC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

I love bringing my dog out here. This park is a beautiful treasure. Keep an eye out for rattlesnakes though!

I go to poinsett a lot an everyone's friendly an its clean an full of trails an swimming... love bringing my dog

I hiked the entire Coquina Trail section of Poinsett. Was surprised to see how mountainous it felt when not even close the to mountain ranges. Nice hike through hills and a swamp area. Very diverse and a very nice hike

Great area nice trail.

nice ride

This State Park is one of my favorites. I visit at least once a year.

Relatively easy.

I hiked the scout loop with my family. It was a nice loop and just long enough for my 5 yr old daughter.

nice little hike. looks like a good place to mountain bike.

did the 1.5m yellow trail the incline was un expected but the decline was welcomed, had our toddler along so thats all we were comfortable with doing that day, taking the family and relatives when they come down on vacation in june up there to camp and hopefully to ALL the trails, we're all pretty educated hiking enthusiasts.

I hiked the Wateree Passage portion of the Palmetto Trail after it was being recommended by the Park Ranger there. It starts in Poinsett State park and treks 7 miles until the trail ends at the Wateree River. The trail does continue, but the rainy season has flooded the trail. The trail is well worn and easy to follow. Mostly flat except a few places where there is some uphill/downhill. There are 10 bridges along this route where you can fish or bird watch. The land is mostly swampy so use bug repellent, lots of it! Also, even though it's still spring here, the temperatures reached the high 80 degrees F, so water and sun block are a must. Lots of wild life, including salamanders, frogs, and of course, alligators. If your looking to get out on the weekend for a quick hike this is worth checking out. I stayed at the campground in Poinsett State park, so if you want to know about the ground, let me know.