Peachtree Rock

Lexington, South Carolina
Peachtree Rock is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lexington, SC that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Very nice !

The whole family enjoy the time out day.

Started out in sunshine and ended in a cloudburst
Trail markers were somewhat inconsistent and will return to try opposite direction
Nice mix of trail conditions. Loved the old rock faces

Fun trail. The only thing I don't like is some of the people you encounter. Lots of smokers, inappropriate music playing out loud, etc. If you go on a weekday morning though it's very nice.

awesome sauce

Great! Great trail for beginners.

Took the dogs walking along this trail and would have been nice if the trail was marked clearly. Too many splits and no way to tell if you are making the correct turns. Ended up walking along private property signs for 20mins before having to turn around and try to retrace where we had went just to get back to the truck. Peach tree rock was of course toppled over but there is still little peach tree rock standing. Worth checking out but I probably won't try this trail again until I hear of updates or much needed maintenance is done.

I would have rated this a 4, except vandals have toppled the parks' namesake, and the circle in the rocks where the midlands only waterfall had eroded through has been smashed with a cinder block. The disrespect shown to the park just makes me sad. That said, it's still a nice hike through the sandhills and pines of the midlands of SC.

It was ok. Signs aren't clear on which way to get to the 2 mile hike or the 7.5 mile hike to the wrong turn and ended up on the 7.5 mile hike. Always turn left when trying to get to the rock and waterfall.

It's great I take my boys often they love the water fall and hike out to little Peachtree rock for more to see

rock climbing

Wow what a great place a waterfall plenty of rocks to climb on great for all ages I recommend this trail for everyone can't wait to go back and explore more

This is a pretty neat trail with features you don't really see around the midlands of SC. Even though the rock has been toppled, it's still worth a visit. I will definitely be going back.

Unfortunately vandals have knocked over the featured attraction. Fortunately there is a second less well known similar rock that is a much further hike in and further for vandals to reach. Even with the rock knocked down it is a really unique place. There is a waterfall that is unusual for the Sandhills. The hiking is fun and there are lots of places for kids to explore.

What a great hike!! The trees and waterfall was really cool to see. The Peach tree rock was knocked over when I went, but it still was a cool hike. We took my parents out there and they are not the biggest hikers in the world but they still had a great time walking around the trails.

This is a quiet semi rugged trail. You can make it what you want it to be. I with my Hubby,Friend and dog, Love coming here. It has cnanged some since the huge "Rock" Tipped over. The trails have changed some what. I go here weekly. My faverite part is The rock to climb. It is a good work out, for an older person such as I,with disibilties.
My most faverite place on the whole trail is the spring water falls falling out of the rock bank and making its own lil creek . The water is so cold, refreshing, and a welcome site. The whole habitat is interesting and meeting new people who are lost is nothing new, Traild are not marked well. Be Careful.

Remarkable diversity in such a small park! Sadly, Peachtree Rock itself has been toppled by vandals, but Little Peachtree Rock still stands further into the park. Pros - Well marked, well maintained trails, all easily accessible from the trailhead. Cons - The trails, which criss cross the park, have the same markings. This is a popular destination and trash is usually left by the non Leave No Trace crowd. I routinely pack out the litter I run across.

The beauty of Peachtree Rock is its biodiversity. The hike is simple, but if you really pay attention to all this area has to offer, you might be amazed. I got a close sighting of a prairie warbler on the ridge. Great day!

Had a great time, first hike with my daughters and dog. I hated I see the trash, so I picked up some on my way out. My daughters were horrified that people would litter!