Palmetto Trail to Falls

Palmetto Trail to Falls is a 0.9 mile point-to-point trail located near Pickens, SC that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round.

0.9 miles 259 feet Point to Point

Gorgeous river and boulder field, excellent water fall I only travelled a small portion of the total length of this trail for this hike, turning off to view an awesome waterfall and hike alongside a beautiful boulder field w/ the river runnung through it and in some cases under huge boulders. My four year old son went for this trip and it was the perfect length and difficulty for him, rest assured us adults will love this one as well. The trail is mostly level except for the approach to the falls which runs uphill fairly steeply. I loved the steep terrain on both sides, it gives that isolated feel as you go. The right turn to the falls is not clearly marked but you can see a well worn path that parallels the small river. Hope you enjoy. See you on the trail!!!

Soooo, us there any camping on this trail- perhaps for a small backpacking tent?

Great Trail. We are getting back into hiking and it was not tough (just that last climb to the falls was rough but well worth it). Beautiful Falls. It shows another Falls at 3 miles into the Palmetto Trail. What Falls would that be? Anybody know? We found the instructions here on this site very helpful in finding the falls. We even met a family coming back down that seemed almost offended that we knew about it and that it was on a website. I think they wanted it for their little secret. It is a beautiful place - we stayed up at the Falls for at least 30 minutes just enjoying it.