McKinney Mountain Loop Trail

McKinney Mountain Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sunset, SC that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, camping, and backpacking and is accessible year-round.

Nice loop. We took the right. I think if we would've taken the left, it may have been a little less uphill. Not that it mattered but I have 3 kids and it was middle of the afternoon, hot and humid. Overall, it's a pretty hike. Several small water creeks, cool little waterfall and cave like area around the natural bridge. Wish I had done an early morning hike.

We backpacked to the trail side campground at the park. Everything was well maintained and we had no issues. The park is rather empty all the time with a few hikers here and there. I wouldn't suggest camping on the trail side camp ground unless you just want to sit around and not do much.

Beautiful hike! We saw lots of wild flowers in bloom! I finally made it to the update to hike when the rhododendrons were in bloom. They had not reached their peak yet, but still beautiful! We hiked the Natural Bridge trail and the Raven Rock trail. We hiked at a comfortable pace, while stopping to take lots of pictures, and it only took 2 and a half hours.

nice camp on top of the mountain with a short walk to the beach

Easy trail

Solid little loop running through the park and close to Greenville. Not crowded and all and great views of the lake, check my photo.

Easily accessible, fun camping!

Pretty little loop trail through the park. Short, not too much elevation, and a pretty spot to lunch at the lake, if the campsites aren't full.

Very nice campgrounds with water, restrooms, and hot showers. RV sites have electric hookups as well. Access to Raven Rock Trail (4mi) and Nature Bridge Loop (1.5mi). A "beach" area in Lake Keowee is also just a short walk from the tent areas.