Marrington Plantation Trail

Marrington Plantation Trail is a 13.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Goose Creek, SC that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

canoeing

Marrington is a 13.65 mile trail located in Goose Creek, SC. It has several trails with the Red loop being the main trail and the blue trails being shortcuts (rarely used). There are also yellow trails that are technical sections, for mountain bikes, and an Orange trail that is tight and twisty

Good trails and well maintained. Lots of switchbacks and tons of roots!

This trail is on the Navy base and helmets and military ID is required.
Love it for mountain biking, the views were awesome and the variety of trails can't be beat. I would give it 5 stars if there weren't so many roots, brace yourself for a rough ride.

I rode my mountain bike on the trail that had the yellow paint. Well parts of it . I'm not familiar of the trail so I kept going around in a loop. However , just that little area i rode in had some nice dips and a lot of ruts . It kept me busy . I will definitely print the map so I can try the entire trail the next time.

Great trail to run or mountain bike. Best in the area as far as I'm concerned. Helmets are required. And be mindful of the signs if the trail is closed.

This is by far the best mountain bike trail in Charleston, I have watched this trail grow from barely used and only 8 miles of access to over 20 in a 15 year span........for those that can't handle the footy parts....ride on the pavement.

Great trail. It's free. Helmet required. Maps at entrance. Best in Charleston

A great trail and better ride. One bad part was all the roots. Overall a great trail.

We found this trail fairly easily. We had to ask an MP for the exact location and found tjst he was very knowledgable. The trailhead sign indicated that all users were required to have a guest ID card from the guard shack or something. My 7 year old son and I completed the first half of this trail and took a short cut back to the trailhead. We found it to be fairly easy, yet fun and a decent workout. It was a lot flatter than my home trail in Indiana. The only issue I had was that the tree roots pounded the living day lights out of us. We didn't see any dangerous wildlife but I suppose that's a good thing.

I have been riding Marrington for 6 years now and I still love it. It is actually close to 20 miles now with more coming. This trail is marked well and is maintained very well. Not a lot of climbing but if you ride fast it is a great workout. The only negative is the roots will beat the daylights out of you even with a good fork. Have fun!

This is a great lowcountry mountain bike trail. The description says 5 miles but it is up to 17-18 if you ride all of the red loop plus The Amazon and Foster Creek trails. It is by far the best trail in Charleston area. The trail is open year round but times are limited during hunting season (dates and times posted at trail head). Also, helmets are required because it is federal property (don't need someone getting a concussion, suing, and getting the trail closed to everyone). Check out Lowcountry fat tire freaks on facebook for trail updates.