Lynches Woods Park Trail

Lynches Woods Park Trail is a 4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Newberry, SC. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking. Horses are also able to use this trail.

This was a fairly disappointing outing. The trails are lightly traveled and not marked well, at all! I tried to follow a track and found myself constantly ending up on the gravel roads. Eventually I found an entry point and made my way through but decided to cut my hike short and make my way back to the car.

This area has loads of potential if someone would take the time to mark the trails and clear up the blowdowns. Otherwise, I could see someone getting lost in here.

A beautiful forest area with lots of wildlife. However .... way to many trails packed into a small area. The trails are poorly marked and run all over themselves making walking a designated route very difficult.

Very nice for day hiking. I live in Chapin and this trail is close enough to do in a few hours and be back home for dinner. It should get more foot traffic once the sections of the midlands section of the Palmetto Trail are finished. I agree with the comment about horse poo, but at least that is the worst of the problems. Pretty flat and has a good amount of intercrossing trails for horse and bike traffic. Well worth the drive if you are on the Northwest side of Columbia.

Watch out for all the horse poo. Makes the trail not so enjoyable.