Lee Falls Trail

Lee Falls Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Tamassee, SC that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is accessible from March until October.

My favorite hike and waterfall in SC! It's also said to be the "most scenic" on the state. Can be a bit confusing to find, I had to ask a forest worker myself, but the hassle was well worth it! Beautiful fields, you have to cross and leap some streams, and climb over some boulders, but the payoff makes it all worth it! Gorgeous waterfall, lots of places to sit, rest, eat lunch and take it all in. I was able to walk right under the falls and let it drench me. I love everything about this place.

This trail is absolutely gorgeous, but is somewhat difficult to follow. The pink flags described in some of these comments have been taken down. Wear long pants as there is walking across tall grassy fields, as well as a lot of poison ivy and stinging nettles. Don't let this discourage your trip, we were the only people on the trail and the view at the end was well worth it.

I had a great time figuring this trail out. You just need to read up on it before you go. Fields for days and you might have to take your shoes off and wade through the creeks, esp after it rains but it's worth it. You basically have to rock climb to get to the falls but that's kind of the best part. Def a fun adventure for me.

Well worth the effort. I loved the hike and the climb at the end to get to the falls. Yes it takes some effort but is so worth it!

The falls is well worth the climb. I thought it was an easy hike with a rocky climb at the end.

Well worth the effort.

The trail, itself, takes some attention to get there--shout out to previous posts! The meadows you pass through initially are gorgeous and easy, flat, as most of the trail is after you pass into the woods (thus, two stars instead of just one). However, I couldn't even get to where I could see (or hear) the falls due to steep inclines with loose stone and soil I didn't feel safe on even hands and knees almost rock climbing, and had to turn back. Unless there is SERIOUS trail maintenance and reconstruction, I would NOT recommend this trail to even adventurous hikers. Poorly marked and hard to follow in the underbrush and fallen trees even with the red/pink ribbons, which were sparse.

Mostly flat, through fields and Streams (wear Rain Boots streams can be deep). It becomes a little treacherous as you approach the falls with steep slippery inclines an jagged rocks which may not be suitable for all ages. I couldn't get as close as I would have liked due to kids and heights and nerves.

First of all, the road that leads to the trail may be confused with another one (as we did and started hiking in the jungle... fun). The road to take is in a curve and has no marker. It leads to an obvious parking place on the right of the bridge, where there is a barrier closing vehicle access to the pastor. Then cross 3 pastor and follow the pink ribbons.
The trail takes about 40min to hike and the waterfall is gorgeous!

Waterfall is great, but it is not easy to find the way

geocaching

This trail wasn't hard to find at all, the trail head is just a pasture gate, the beginning of the trail is very easy to follow. It gets a little difficult about halfway in. There's a lot of guess work going in but much easier coming back out. Overall, I really enjoyed this hike! It's not for beginners though. Be prepared to get your feet wet. It's an awesome hike and great day trip. It took me about 40 minutes to get to the falls and about 25 minutes to get back out.

Sadly it had been very dry when we hiked this and the falls were less then impressive. But still a great hike.
The field that you walk through was beautiful and allowed for some really amazing photos.
A few water crossings but nothing crazy or insane.

This trail was ok. It was hard to find (thank god for previous reviews), it is not maintained. You do get lost here and there -- keep an eye out for the pink ribbons, some seem to be gone so you do a lot of guessing now. Also, when walking through the fields, make sure you have pants on! Poison ivy and oak are out there and my legs currently itch.

After reading about this hike, I expected it to be more confusing than it really was. Maybe the fact that we went in early spring made it easier. The fields were beautiful and there were dogwoods blooming. I wasn't expecting the fields to be so pretty. The hike to the base of the falls is different than what I am used to, so a change of scenery was interesting. When you get close to the falls, the real adventure begins. It is steep and we had to cross a few logs and use our hands to climb up some parts. I wouldn't bring a dog or young child on this hike. The falls is breathtaking and should not be missed!

if you plan on taking this trail during the summer I highly recommend wearing pants, parts of the trail was overgrown and was tough Traversing in shorts. but It was well worth it, the falls are one of the best in the area

The waterfall is definitely worth the hike!

It is definitely not a strenuous trail. It's more moderate. You do have to climb up some large rocks to get to the base of the falls. It's super pretty and very worth. Make sure you travel down Jumping Branch 1.4 miles until you turn left onto the gravel road. My friend and got lost on another gravel road that is 1.2 miles down Jumping Branch Rd.

Google maps doe not bring u to correct location. Here are directions found in a waterfall book. This does bring you to correct location, but the trail may still be a bit difficult to follow even with written instructions. From Hwy 11 and Cheohee Valley Rd. Proceed 2.2 miles and turn left on Tamassee Knob Rd. Drive .5 mile and turn right on Jumping Branch Rd. Check mileage at this intersection. Currently there is no marker for FS715A, so use odometer and turn left on the unmarked road at 1.4 miles. Drive .7 mile and turn into parking area on right just before small bridge. Walk west along old roadbed through several clearings crossing creek twice. At .7 mile, road enters the woods. Cross another small creek and look for small wildlife area marker. From here, go about 450 yds and look for path on left that parallels the creek. This goes to cove with waterfall. There are remains of an old rock smelter approaching base of falls.

Note: there are 2 unmarked roads pretty close together along this section of Jumping Branch. USE ODOMETER and these instructions for landmarks.